Arc 1: Shen TianYi (10)

Ouyang Mei has becoming more anxious as the day goes by. She began to realized that she has been tailed behind, but she doesn't know who is tailing her.

She tried to lure the person following her into one of the isolated alleyways, but when she did, she saw no one behind her.

She tried to use her assassination skills and senses, but the other person seems to be out of her league. Ouyang Mei became frightened, frightened that she was going to be killed.

No! I am not going to die! I must get out of here and tell the Emperor that Shen TianYi is here! Here to kill him! Once I do that, he will make me his Empress for the gratitude of saving his life! Yes! She needs to get out! But how?

While deep in her thoughts, she failed to notice the figure approaching her, and with a swift of his hand, brought it down to the nape of her neck, her eyes rolled back, and she fainted.

An hour later, Ouyang Mei felt her face getting splashed with water. She gasped for air and checked her surroundings.

She had no idea where she was and the only thing she can think of is to shout.

"Who are you?! Come out! If the Emperor or Shen TianYi finds out that you have captured me, your head would be decapitated! Release me this instance! Do you know who I am?! I am the daughter of the empire's Right Prime Minister, Ouyang Tao! Dare lay a finger on me, and you'll see what's coming!"

Ouyang Mei continued to scream like a banshee, but no one seems to listen to her. It wasn't until her throat was sore and dry that she stopped screaming.

"Tsk. Finally shut that filthy mouth of yours."

"Guards! Call my wife over."

"Yes, Your Highness!"

Ouyang Mei felt that this voice sounds really familiar. She thought for a moment when she remembered that this is the voice of her savior, Shen TianYi. She was excited, thinking that he can here to save her so it was the only thing that occupied her mind currently.

"Hm? Hubby, you already captured the fox?"

"Mn. I did. I locked her in here. Come."

"Okay."

Fei Ying moved towards his husband, who lead him to see the protagonist. Once she saw him, her face twisted in disgust.

"You! You're that sl*t that I met on the road that day! You took what was supposed to be mine! Everything! I am supposed to be the one they all want! I should be the one that deserves the title of Empress! I deserve to rule the whole!"

Fei Ying couldn't listen to her screaming anymore and took the chance to slap her face with his hand.

Ouyang Mei was shocked. She couldn't believe that there was a person that would slap in this world. She bit her bottom lip out of anger and she even tasted a bit of metal.

"How dare you slap me, b*tch! You have no right to slap me!"

"That slap was for offending me."

He slapped her again but this time on the opposite side.

"This one is for telling me to abandon my mother.

*slap*

This one is for coveting my husband and stalking him.

*slap*

And this final one is for your greed and selfishness for daring to covet the Phoenix throne."

TianYi, who was watching from behind, couldn't help but be proud of his wife. When he first met him, he was easy to get along, but shy at the same time. Now, it's been about two years since they've met, his wife learned how to keep a straight and cold face when meeting with an unknown person. He really had an influence on his wife.

"Wife, are you satisfied?"

"Hm? I am! I feel really refreshed right now!"

"I'm glad my wife likes my gift. What does Wife want me to do with this b*tch?"

"Maybe you can...skin her alive? Make her suffer? She's going to escape before you know it since she was a former assassin."

When the word assassin came out of Fei Ying's mouth, TianYi didn't really understand how his wife knew this when he himself didn't know. He knew everything else, but not this fact. However, when Ouyang Mei heard it, she was terrified.

Is this sl*t the same as me? Did he reincarnated?

Multiple questions popped up and she wanted to ask him if everything she inferred was true. Seeing the confused look on her face, Fei Ying knew exactly what she's thinking without the system telling him.

"Husband, can I talk to her alone?"

"What if you get hurt?"

"Don't worry~ I know how to protect myself."

"Okay."

Once he sees that his husband is out of sight, Ouyang Mei bombarded him with questions.

"Tell me, sl*t! Did you come from the modern world!?"

"Aiyo. Please quiet down. You are torturing my ears."

He pretended to be in pain, covering his ears to indicate it. After Ouyang Mei calmed down, he smiled with a hint of amusement in his eyes.

"I am from the modern world, but I'm not in the same situation as you."

"What do you mean!?"

"What I mean is that I died just like you. However, I am a transmigrator, not a reincarnator. You, as you experienced rebirth, will die once you get killed or live until you die a natural death. As for me, a transmigrator, will die eventually in this world, but my soul will not disappear. I am gifted with a system which allows me to travel to other worlds and occupy a body of that world that died. Once the body is occupied, I am given tasks to help change their fate. Do you want to know what my task is?"

"..."

Ouyang Mei has a murderous aura oozing out, but Fei Ying remained placid.

"My task is very simple: reveal the protagonist's true face."

"You...you...YOU! You were the reason why none of the things here go right! Because of your interference, I was not able to obtain Shen TianYi and become Empress!"

"Hahaha~ As I said, Ouyan Mei, your fate is sealed and your life is in my hands. Just one word from me will send you to your death."

"Release me this instance! I command you! Sl*t!"

"What makes you think that you are the boss of me? Empress? In your dreams! With me here, I will never let you win."

The woman who was chained began to scream again. Fei Ying got very annoyed for the nth time today because of that disgusting and sick b*tch, so he head out of the cells and saw that his husband is waiting for him.

"Finished?"

"Mn. Let's go back. We should go prepare our gift for the little lizard."

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
A/N: almost heading towards the end of the arc!