Arc 3: Adonis (17)

[Ne, ne, Host~]

What do you want?'

[A new side task appeared, Host.]

'And here I was settling down, ordering around Adonis to do things for me. Why now?'

[There's some problem happening in the underwater kingdoms. The dark merman king wants to overtake the light kingdom, and he sent his most trusted servant, Dimitri, to bring Host back to the dark kingdom. A light mermaid help the previous dark queen get pregnant, so the original was born with a mix of the previous light merman king's and the dark king's blood.]

'How come you didn't tell me before, XiTong?'

[Sorry, Host. It wasn't part of the description of this world. XiTong thinks it was added because Host left the cave. The original was in a coma so this part of the world wasn't included.]

'Alright. Makes sense, I guess.'

[Anyway, the task for Host is to return with Dimitri and accept the dark merman king as Host's father.]

'Psh. He banned me from the ever entering. As much as he sounds like a power maniac, what the hell is the higher ups thinking? Aren't I supposed to slap b*tches in the face?''

[XiTong doesn't know.]

'How come you don't know anything?'

[XiTong is not a very powerful system like 01, so XiTong doesn't know accept transfer Host to different worlds to fulfill tasks!]

'01? Who's that?'

[Oh! That's the system that Host's husband have! 01 is the most powerful system out of all system, so when Host's husband said all those things to Host, XiTong guarantees that some things are a little fabricated.]

'So he dares lie to me.'

Since Aquarius was full from the all the food that Adonis made for him, he felt lazy and didn't want to move as of the moment. However, it did got him thinking of why Adonis would lie to him, meaning more interrogation. There must be some information that Adonis is hiding. Since XiTong said that 01 is the system with the most power, Adonis's identity may be unique.

'Hm. I'll make sure to make him spill everything out sooner or later. How's not the time to worry about that right now. Since you're saying Dimitri is coming to get me, do be a dear an inform me when he comes. I don't want to deal with his stupid master plan or whatever he does to get me to return to the kingdom.'

[Sure thing, Host!]

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

In three days, Aquarius was outside in the city roaming around trying to lure Dimitri out. Before he met with Dimitri, he pulled Adonis to the side and had a little talk with him.

"What? A new side task?"

"Mn. I have to go back to the sea."

"I'll come with you then."

"No. Stay here. I'll handle it by myself."

"...fine...I'll miss you, though..."

"Don't pout. I'll make sure I'll finish my business there and return. During my absence, I better not here XiTong tell me you're getting touchy with Daphne."

"I only love you. I don't like women. Especially ones that my wife hates."

"Yes, yes. You love me and so do I. When I come back, I want a cake. Can you make it?"

"Of course."

[Host, Dimitri is approaching.]

"Seems like he's here."

"Then I should go, right?"

Aquarius nodded. Adonis gave him a quick hug and peck on the cheek before returning to his palace to take care of his royal duties or whatnot.

(Quick note, the 2 are using telepathy. Just a couple in the streets staring at each other, nothing weird about that. 😏)

Seeing that Aquarius was alone now, Dimitri was about to come over but stopped when he noticed that his target was staring right at him in the eyes. His eyes widened knowing that the other was looking at him, so he froze. He only regained his original posture when Aquarius came over.

Since Aquarius couldn't talk, he forgot that he was using telepathy and directly spoke into Dimitri's mind.

"Follow me."

Telepathy? Only a few of our species are able to communicate via telepathy. He...must be very powerful.

Dimitri followed Aquarius all the way to the bay. Aquarius jumped into the water, taking off his necklace thus his tail appearing. He was interested in how Aquarius knew what he wanted to do, and then he himself jumped in the sea to join him. While swimming, Aquarius spoke to him first.

"Dimitri, I know the king sent you. I'm doing you a favor and return with you. Don't want you to work too hard, hm?"

"..."

"Come on. Don't be silent."

"How did you know?"

"It's a secret."

"Well, Prince Aquarius, you are King Noctis's son. Since you hold great power, both light and dark, the king wants you back, as his son, the prince."

"Hm. Guess I'll go see my father."

Meanwhile, Adonis came back to the palace and bumped into Daphne. Usually he came very, very late, or never came home at all since he was at the villa. Today, however, Daphne took this chance to accidentally bump into him and find the opportunity to move on to the next level with Adonis.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️
A/N: new chap, peeps! I was watching YouTube while writing this so got distracted.

Question: Anything y'all want to rant about?
I've been watching about this c-drama recently. The FL is supposedly smart, but I think she's pretty dumb & a troublemaker. Her voice is hella annoying and don't get me started on the ML. The ML, jesus, he's the leader of this pirate crew whatever they are bandit? They don't even look like pirates, but that's how they translated as so... Anyways the ML had this cold aura about him, u know, the ones that keep a straight face. And then met FL & somehow he loss his cool & poker face & now he's chasing the FL. He acted so ugh! He does things to get her attention but it's just so stupid. Also there's like this love triangle relationship going on, & I hate those. U ever watch those romantic c-drama where the FL suddenly falls or slip & then some dude comes in & saves her from falling & then they spin a 360° for like a minute staring at each other. I see it in almost all those romance c-dramas. I watch these dramas with my parents & been saying how horrible it was but they like to annoy me so they said it was a good drama & kept watching it. A comment said that the ML was very handsome & dreamy. I wanted to 🤢🤮. Sure he's good looking but how the person described him, his eyes & stuff, I don't like it. The plot is just trash. But anyways it's my opinion & others think differently, so no offense to them. I got more to rant & complain about, but this is the recent one.