Arc 3: Adonis (3)

Eyy y'all!!! I'm back! Fortunately, my mom didn't kill me yet so I'm safe for now T-T
⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Who's there?"

A voice came from behind the boulders where Aquarius was and it startled him. He took a little peek and saw–––
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
(Wait for it........)
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
––– a middle-aged man.

The middle-aged man somehow saw him and shook his head, giving out a lighthearted laugh. Aquarius heard him but stayed low and silent.

"I know you are there, little one. Come out. I won't hurt you."

"..."

Seeing how he didn't respond, the man took a few steps closer, trying to get a glimpse of the other behind the boulder.

The older man took light steps as he approached the boulder. He was very curious as to why there was a person hiding behind the big thing.

Aquarius, on the other hand, quickly put the necklace on and saw his tail turning into a pair of legs. Now that the tail was gone, he was relieved because the man approaching him wouldn't find out about his origins, but he f*cking forgot that he didn't have any clothes on. To fix that, XiTong gave him a white cloth to cover himself—for free.

The older man was nearing him and was now only a few feet away. Once again, he tried to speak to the Aquarius.

"Aye, it looks like you're just very shy. Don't be afraid of me. I just want to help you out, so please come out."

"..."

Still, there was no answer, but the older man did hear movement. Who stepped out from behind the boulders amazed him. There was a young boy in front of him that appears to be 18 years old. He had fair pale skin like that have been carved from a jade. In one word, he could only described the boy as flawless.

"Hello, young one. My name is Peyton. And you?"

He was met with silence, but he noticed that the boy was writing something on the sand:

"My name is Aquarius. I can't speak."

(Little notes that I should have done before & I may left out some things:
[Bold] - XiTong
'Italics' - YiWei speaking to XiTong
Italics - Thoughts
Underline - Names of places, things, etc
& maybe or maybe not for this arc only:
"Italics" - basically Aquarius talking but since he's mute, he can only write)

"Oh! Then I apologize for being rude earlier. I hope you can forgive me, Aquarius."

"I forgive you, Mister Peyton. It's fine."

"I can't help but wonder why you are here in the first place?"

"I came from another place, and my ship crashed. It's very embarrassing for me to show you this appearance."

"Hahaha~ so that's why you were hiding! Anyway, come with me back home."

"Why?"

"My wife and I only have a son that's 22 years old, and he has been going out and messing around with young women these days. At the same time, the household is getting pretty boring, so my wife wanted to have another child, but the thing is we are pretty old for that to happen. We can only think of adoption now. It doesn't matter who we adopt, but you especially...you are someone that can change everything. So do you agree to become my son?"

Aquarius thought for awhile. Indeed it was a pretty weird start when he just popped up out of nowhere and some man decided to adopt him on their first meeting. It doesn't hurt to agree to this request.

Without writing anything down, he nodded his head with a bright smile on his face, showing Peyton that he was willing and happy to go with him and be part of the family. Peyton was also delighted that Aquarius agreed. From now on, he would have another son that would definitely, or not, stay loyal to the family and not act like that b*stard of a son.

He didn't expect his trip to the place near the huge body of water would allow him to find and save a youth. Even if the younger couldn't speak, he and his wife would take care of him and shower him with love.

Thus, Peyton brought Aquarius home to meet his wife, and perhaps his son as well. Before that though, he must buy some clothes for the boy.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

"Mrs. Clark, have you seen the big brat!?"

"I'm sorry to say that I haven't, m'lady."

"That brat is getting on my nerves!"

The Madam, Edna, was angry that her son his out playing around with the girls of the town again. Of course she wants to hold her grandchild one day, but if this continues, she bet that she's not going to have one, but hundreds of grandchildren! Who in the world raised him up like that?! It can't be her and Peyton, or even Mrs. Clark, the house's head maid.

She sighed and plopped herself onto the fancy-looking velvet couch. Mrs. Clark saw this scene and shook her head as well, going over to Edna and giving her a head massage.

"Humph! If I see the big brat again, I'm going to teach him a lesson! Where's my husband?"

"The lord went out this morning into the town, but he should have come back by this time. I don't know what's going on anymore."

"Hm, I agree, Mrs. Clark. He should be back by now. Come. We are going to take a walk to town for a little while. I can also take this time to find that brat."

"As you wish, madam. I will go ask the butler to prepare the carriage for you."

Before the maid and the lady could prepare for the trip to town, a voice of a man boomed through the living room.

"My dear! I'm back! Look who I have found on my way."

Peyton had came back, and Edna saw a figure behind him. She leaned forward to see who it was, but the figure hid behind her husband's back, only peeking at her over Peyton's shoulder.

"Oh? And who might this be?"

"Hahaha~ this one is a little shy, dear. I found him by the beach. I couldn't help but take the boy in, so Edna, meet our new son, Aquarius."

"Aquarius...what a beautiful name, and found by the ocean at that. I must say the name really fits him. Come over here to mother, Aqua. If you find Peyton likable, you will also find me likable. No need to be shy at all since we will be a family from now on.

Upon hearing this, Aquarius hesitated, but he stepped out from behind Peyton and slowly moved towards Edna. She reached her hands out and gave him a tight hug before hugging him with affection.

(Yes, @NellyChan3804, he hates them women his close to his age so apologies if I didn't clarify this at the beginning (^ν^))

Aquarius frozen for a second, and he returned the hug back. Edna, who was excited, squealed in happiness as he hugged her back. She finally released to talk to the maid.

"Mrs. Clark, cancel the trip to town. I need the time to know more about my new son. Quick! Prepare some tea and fruit delicacies. Forget the other son of mine and let him do whatever he wants. I can spend the whole day without thinking of him when there's another son in front of me. Ah! Aqua, you are such a cute boy! Let mother hug you some more!"

After a few more rounds of hugging, Edna decided to ask some questions, and she soon was told that Aquarius was mute, but that didn't stop her from asking.

"Poor boy. Such a tragedy! Don't worry, sweetie. I promise that this is going to be the best family you would ever have! Here, eat this, Aqua."

And so poor Aquarius was tortured by Edna's talking and feeding him multiple things until he was full. Peyton laughed at the scene many times before going to his workroom to finish off some of the important papers. It was until later in the afternoon that the couple's son came home.