43

****Lisa Michaels****
"Hey, could you get the towels at the far back?" Anna asked me while she tried all her best to salvage the situation and apologise profusely for as much as she could.

Vin had taken Brianna to the other side of the building to have her small wounds tended to while I collected the broken pieces off glass and apologized once again to the couple that was the unfortunate recipient of the awful mishap.

"Okay," I said taking the small tray with me and leaving the room to get the towels as asked. As much as Anna could be a bitch, she was extremely professional.

I rounded the corner and left the hall to get a few towels at the storage room a few rooms down the left.

All I'd had on my mind this night was trying to locate Harris, who I'd yet to spot and getting away from Anna as soon as the auction started.

Someone yanked my arm to the left just as I rounded a corner to get the storage room. At first I'd thought it to be Vin so I readily scolded him as I tried to pick up the tray and the broken chunks of glass.

"Vin you little son of-!" My sentence was cut short at the sight of the calm figure stood before me, casually leaning on the wall. "Of course." I swallowed hard at the bitter taste and the pull in my throat tightened.

"Glad to see me?" His velvety voice floated in the air for a while and I made an effort to side step him only to have him block my way.

"What do you want?" I asked in a steely cold voice, making sure my annoyance sipped through.

"To talk," he said casually, his eyes searching my face.

"Well, I don't wanna talk." I replied, ready to storm my way out of this predicament.

"Thought you'd say so." It was unnerving how calm he was at the moment. All I wanted was to pull at my hair and scream at him for god knows how long. "Lisa-"

"Dave!" I bit back. Making sure his name sounded more of an insult than an acknowledgement.

Before anymore words could be exchanged between us Dave yanked me forward and pinned me to him by my waist.

"What ar-"

"Have you ever thought of marriage?" Something sharp and painful started ringing in my head at his question. The fact that he was trailing his finger on my collarbone wasn't helping my case either.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I refused to think of the question. "You better let go of me." I warned as I tried to get out of his hold. Was this man sick?

"Tell me, I need to know." Seeing the slight desperation in his eyes, I sighed.

"Well I guess if my boyfriend asked me to marry him, I wouldn't say no." I replied in a quiet tone. I was actually thinking about it.

Uurgh... Dave!

"Why?" He asked. I furrowed my eyebrows. what the hell is wrong with this man? "Why would you marry him? What's he got to offer?"

Shaking my head, I pinned my eyes shut and ran a hand through my hair. "He's a good man," I replied simply. "Now could you please let me go?"

"What makes a man good for you?"

Fucking hell.

"You just want me to blow up, don't you?" I asked, fixing him with a glare.

"I just want to know you better,"he said before spinning us around so that he had me pinned on the wall, "so tell me, what makes a man good for you?" Something undecipherable played in the depths of his eyes but with the limited golden light from the chandelier across the hall, all I could see was a glint that made my insides stir. In a good or bad way, I wasn't sure.