16

**** Lisa Michaels****

My eyes roamed my surrounding for anything that could be of use to me as I opened the door and there was none. What if it was only Harris to tell me something he'd forgotten?  If not him, I could make good use of my lungs couldn't I?

My eyes almost bulged out of my head once I saw my apparent visitor. Really? Maybe I was imagining things.

"We need to talk," Yet that voice would never be mistaken for someone else.

"About what?" I asked steely as I stilled my breathing to normal, one more second and I'd have been down on the floor begging for my dear life out of anxiety and fear of the unknown.

"Could you at least let me in?" Dave asked coming up to the last step so that he was towering over me.

"Come in," I muttered reluctantly as I waited for him to get in first so that I could lock the door and follow him to the living room. "What Do you wanna talk about?" I asked once I sat down across from him on the couch.

"How much do you owe Mr.Pavel?" If this was any other day, I would have told him to repeat that again. But the fear in me that when he repeated the same thing would come out of his mouth made me sit frozen as my eyes tried to widen but failed.

"How did you know?" I asked a little too defensively than I had intended.

"Know what?" He asked dubiously and I shot him a look making him straighten up a bit. "From Ric, you met him at the club the other time."

Rubbing my temple for a while I closed my eyes to ease the migraine pounding at the back of my head. First Ray called me after so long and now this? What was the universe telling me? That all my walls were crumbling to bits now? Yet I was so convinced that I was coming out of this one alive.

Shit! Just shit!

"Look, I don't know how it works wherever you come from but you can't knock on my door and expect me to spill about my bills and stuff to you. Whatever I owe Mr. Pavel is my business not yours." I told him getting up from the couch. "I need you to leave right this very instance."

He didn't leave. Didn't even move from the place he was. He just stared at me as if all of my limbs were coming off one by one and when I sighed out of agitation he gave me a tired expression as if he'd been expecting me to act the same exact way.

"Fuck! Just leave already! It's almost midnight and the last person I need at my place  is you!" I was getting mad now - furious even.

"How much is it?" He pestered on and I glared at him. Didn't he hear any of the stuff I was saying to him?

"Why don't you tell your friend to find that out for you? Dave, if I needed help paying the debt with Mr. Pavel I'd have asked the whole damn world to donate for me and if ever a single dollar came from your pocket, heavens forbid but I'd rather clean the floors and wash some dead bodies at the morgue or something. You are the last person on earth I'd ask help from."

If my pride wasn't half the size of Russia I'd have blown a breathe out to ease my lungs from the long talk but all I did was stare at him as if I'd expected him to vanish during my little speech over there.

"Were you out?" How could he even get the guts to change the conversation so casually?

"Little bit information. After your bitch attacked me, I was suspended from work and being the slut I am, I still need money so yes, I was out."

At that his jaw tensed and he gave me a hard look for a second before he stood up and walked towards me leaving his phone on the couch.

"I'm trying to help." He said quietly and I scoffed out loud. "How much is it?" This time he asked so slowly as if I didn't get the question the other times he asked.

"Leave." I warned quietly and looked away from his eyes. A second longer and I would be telling him everything from beginning to end.

He rose his hand and slowly caressed the scars on my face and in that moment I hated myself for the way my knees felt weak at the feather touch, at how my eyelids attempted closure as his thumb rubbed my cheek, at how my heartbeat quickened from the touch of nothingness.

And even then I knew if given a chance, I'd choose this jerk over any other for a touch!

Moving away from the touch that I'd unknowingly leaned into, I wandered my eyes around so that I could avoid his searching gaze.

****DAVE MORGAN****

I watched as she leaned away from my touch and looked around me without meeting my gaze. Clearing my throat, I moved back and stood a step from her.

"I'll take care of what you owe Mr. Pavel. Lisa, all I'm trying to do is help."

"I don't need your help." She muttered with her eyes downcast.

Letting out a breathe, I put my hands in my pockets and walked to the couch, "I wasn't asking." I told her with finality and picked up my phone. "Have you been at the hospital for the scratches?"

At that she scoffed and walked to what I assumed to be the kitchen. Following her, I stood by the door and watched her gulp down a whole glass of water. It's funny but even then, with the scratches on her face, I still found her so beautiful that I had to look away from her for a moment.

"What do you really want?"

If only she knew...

With a small smile on my face I rose my eyes to her, "You should rest.  I'll be here to pick you up at eleven." Making sure to delve in her confused yet heated glare, I let myself out.

It was time she and I did something a little bit more personal. And now more than ever, all I wanted was to hear her talk and I had the perfect place for that.

I looked behind me just to see her close the door and made sure to catch her gaze making certain that she'd get all I had in mind without actually having to tell her a thing.

Wonder how I'd sleep tonight!

*******

Thanks again for the read....

I'm still working on other books but offline and my schedule, no matter the state of the world, is still too tight. But I'm trying to easen it up for more updates.

I will upload the next chapter really soon.

Love,Eline.❤