05

Being the girl around town with the dead mother and the one who sleeps around with men to get her bills paid was hard. The rumors around town were killing me day by day.

A few people were considerate on letting on much in my presence but most of the times people hardly noticed I was right there taking a mug of coffee just a few feet away from them or at the grocery store picking a few items when they gossiped about me and how tragic it must have been to 'genetically inherit' being a slut from my own mother.

Hearing the ranging stories from slightly less true to obvious hogwash, I finally settled on taking my mom's advice and ignoring the multitudes of lies the town threw at me.

It was almost a month since I came back to stay and work in this town and as much as I'd wanted everything to turn out okay, sometimes it just got harder.

The pay from Mr. Pavel was awesomely huge and I was sure in less than two months I'd get enough to pay for my bills and buy my own car.

My client list was also increasing and I was successfully leading on the classic stripper girl with a lot of men dying to see and touch.

My first night with a man in bed had taught me not to go around sleeping with any of them. So every time one of my clients asked me if we could take it to the next level after stripping my oiled body to them, I smiled and winked before telling them it was all for business and not personal. And then I'd leave feeling accomplished!

****
Tonight was not an exception to my insanely busy night. Mr. Pavel had told all of my clients by now that I preferred all work and no bed and I was happy he'd made the effort.

Not once or twice had a guy tried to make his demands a command for me and I was glad aside from the guards outside my door on every VIP schedule, my boss was ready to lose a client for my sake and that made me special in a way.

Not to mention that some of these clients paid huge amounts to have me for thirty or the full sixty minutes — all for a tease!

Being at the club taught me the unspoken norms. Like to never again take the drugs offered by the girls or that Mike was gay and Magic was in love with me.

Finding out the last one was just a stupid game we decided to play after closing hours and Magic admitted to liking me and that he was very much interested in getting it on with me.

His suggestion made me laugh and chug down a whole bottle of beer within a few minutes.

It was not everyday a girl like me got love confessions out of a hot guy working as a bartender for the mere fact that his looks and well built toned arms, was factor that led ladies to swoon over him.

But every night, there was something missing and if the missing thing was actually there, I hardly breathed.

See, being the school's outcast does things to you. Like it did to me!

I had a different way of dealing with crushes especially when the guy was the most gorgeous of them all. Nobody cared to ask me out on a date or to prom all my four years of highschool and I didn't get bothered by it mostly because every guy I had a crush on was always taken before the prom night.

I kept a low profile on everything. Being the girl who only talked when asked to or the one that only got close during class projects and partnered class assignments, it was very hard to I identify myself with any clique.

And I loved it that way!

I might have been a  loner but I was beautiful one who wanted nothing to do with highschool boy drama! — if at least I got a chance to choose that myself!

****
Scanning my eyes around the fully crowded club I sighed and went straight to the bar where Magic was flirting with a young lady but immediately stopped when I walked in.

"You know I just heard that there's a Russian who bid you for a half a million," he mused getting me a glass of coke. I was off alcohol during working hours.

"You're just saying that to make me forget the little sight you had when I got in," I teased him and I saw his face fall so I immediately changed the topic. "Did you hear how much the rest were bidding?" I asked sitting straight on the stool.

"It's stupid!" He muttered looking down at the shiny countertop.

"What is?" I asked. Clearly having no idea what he was talking about.

"To look around thinking he'd come here," he muttered bitterly before looking me in the eyes so that he could attack me with all the pain in them, "He only comes here once or twice a month. He won't bid for you anytime soon!"

It was a stupid thing to admit to him that I had a slight crush on Dave.

Yes the guy who'd insulted me after breaking my virginity!

It had taken a while to admit it to myself but it got easier once I did. I never really acted on crushes but I exhausted all the romantic ideas with them in my mind and they'd finally become the worst for wear and I'd forget all about them in no time.

Thing is, Dave hardly came by and that made it hard to exhaust any ideas with him except from the fact that I wanted to see the sight of his dark pupils.

Other than that, I was dealing with this crush highschool style!

"It doesn't justify you to be bitter about what I feel for other men considering all you want to do is sleep with me to win the stupid bet with Max." None of the male strippers used their real names either and that made me the only weirdo using my real name at a strip club.

"It's not that," regret dripped from his voice as he assured me and a part of me believed him already.

"Magic, whatever this is that you're trying so much to keep is not worth it!" I told him before standing up and walking out of the room.

Lisa Michaels was never worth anyone's time and Magic was no exception even if he was playing a foul card at love!

****
With the end of my shift came the dreaded walk I took to the bus stop a few minutes to or after midnight. Sometimes even two in the freaking morning.

But it was as if my  prayers were heard way long before I could actually conceive them into words. A cub driver had parked just a foot away from the club after dropping off a late night client.

Flagging him down, I took a seat at the back of the cub to escape the menacing cold.

But not before I caught sight of someone following me from the corner of my eyes!

****
Thanks for reading...

A vote keeps me smiling while a comment keeps me on edge of my seat while writing.

So

Please vote and commeeent as well as follow me on wattpad for other stories.

ily <3

❤, Eline.