10

**** Lisa Michaels ****

My head felt as heavy as it had ever since this ordeal I called my life had started.  The events with Dave kept on replaying in my head till I fell asleep last night.

After he'd dropped me home he literally threw five thousand dollar bills on my face and spat something along the lines of me having enough money to buy another weekend expedition before job on Monday.

To that, I let the money hit the ground as I walked into the  house before I could even see him drive off.

Whatever was wrong with him, he was going to have to fix it on his own.

But I was the one getting hurt over it!

The doorbell rang immediately after I'd walked out of the bathroom. wrapping the bathrobe around my dump body, I went to open the door.

"Hey?" Harris beamed from the doorway.

"Hey." I gave a smile as I took him in through my eyes, "thought you'd drop by at two." I told.

"A two hour difference is no difference," he told me as he held out his hands for me to take the bags he'd brought with him. "You look nice!" I flashed as I heard him chuckle behind me.

"Make yourself comfortable. Be back in a sec," I informed as I came from the kitchen and started for my way back to my room.

It only took me around fifteen minutes to get ready and join Harris in the livingroom. - and it only took him a second to tell me to head out with him for coffee.

"I was wondering," he said as he placed his Styrofoam cup on the clean table between us. "Would you find it endearing if I took you to the movies tonight?" his dimples played on his exceptionally cute face that I found it hard to say no to him.

Besides, after what had happened the previous night, a little fun would help me sleep tonight.- if I was lucky enough.

"That would be wonderful!" my overly done gush was met by a very heartwarming laugh that almost melted me.

Somehow, even my smile was almost perfect simply because of some heavy feeling that weighed me down ever since yesterday.

"I suggested picnic because I want to know what the hell you do when you're not being... you know" this time when he trailed off on calling me a stripper he actually seemed more confident than last time.

It was something we both knew but did not have to call it out unless the need arose.

Then why did Dave find it so easy to call me a slut and all those other nasty words he said to me last night?

Sighing, I gave Harris a smile and nodded. I also wanted to know more about this close to perfect guy that did not judge me for what I did or wore to work.

To hell with snobby, richass, judgemental Dave! I sulked mentally and gave him a smile as we both rose to our feet.

 'If anything can never be, then it was most probably nothing!' My mom had told me this a few times during my sulking sessions after a rough day of name-calling from my classmates.

Maybe now I actually knew what she meant!

**** Dave Morgan ****

Looking down at my watch, I sighed. I'd been working for six hours straight and a migraine had started to stab painfully at my head. There was only this one image of her every time I closed my eyes to relax.

I was way too harsh on her last night and no matter what had taken place, this was definitely no way to treat her.

Especially now that you know you want her.

I cringed at my subconscious thought. All I wanted to do right now was to apologize to her for every word I said and maybe sit down and have coffee with her as I listened to everything she had to say.

You're fucked up!

It was an hour to midnight and I was sure I was to catch her home after my thirty minute drive to her place.

Or you could just go home in less than ten minutes and rest!

Deciding against the better judge of me, I picked up my keys and headed for the elevator. An image of Lisa smiling at Jake flashed through my eyes and I sucked in a breathe and opened my eyes slowly.

what if she didn't want to see me?

That was cleared out because I was pretty sure she didn't want to see me.

Then what?

The drive to her place went by in a blur and it only took me a few seconds to breathe before I eyed her front door wearily.

What type of creep went to apologize to the woman he'd hurled insults at the previous night at the middle of the night?

Guess the answer to that was this new  Dave Morgan getting out of his car to go say sorry to the same woman he'd continuously degraded over the period of time he'd met her?!

This was pathetic! How did I even think of doing this in the first place?

Bracing myself, I knocked on the door then took a step back. At this point, any form of violence was welcome. Be it slapping or insults, I was ready for it.

Or so, I hope!

The sight of her dressed in a thin layered nightdress threw me off and I momentarily lost the purpose of my visit. Why did pain come by just looking at her serene face looking down at me in askance and disbelieve that was muffled under hurt as well?

"Hey? I know it's a little late but I need to talk to you." I told before she could shut the door on me.

"o-kay?" she replied uncertainly as her brows rose. Watching her lean on the door frame, I got the clear message that she wasn't going to invite me in and hence this was going to be one hell of a cold apology session.

"About what I said last night," my eyes fell on the floor beneath my feet as my hands lay nervously tucked in my pockets, "I'm really sorry." I finally rose my eyes to her after saying it and damn she looked so hot leaning her head on the frame while she eyed me skeptically.

"Goodnight Dave!" my heart sank as I watched  her lean up straight to close the door.

"Wait!" I begged before the door went shut. "Look, I know what I said was way out of line and frankly, if you were any other girl I wouldn't be here apologizing for some over the top outburst I had at  a bar but here I am and I really mean it."

Sighing, she shook her head at me. "I am perfectly fine with you calling me names. It's what everyone has done since I was  a kid," she told me softly and my heart almost tore at my chest, "What I am not perfectly fine with is you showing up with a flashy car around my neighborhood at midnight. The things my neighbors say about me are not good as it is and as much as I don't care, I still don't want to be tomorrow's news." her voice had an edge to it.

"It couldn't wait." I said looking at her hopefully.

"It waited a full day length and frankly, it doesn't matter!" she told me with a straight face, "Thanks for dropping by."

And the door went shut before I was done processing the whole scenario.

Apology lesson number one: Never hurt the woman you never want to apologize to.

The fact that this hurt me more just made me regret the whole apology thing.

walking back to my car, I watched as the lights to the living room went off and later to what I presumed was her bedroom go off as well.

would she have forgave me if I kissed her?

Because I sure as hell wanted to!

*****

thanks for reading...

I'm so glad I'm back to writing... I promise that I have great stuff for this book. Next update will be out soon.

Please vote, comment and share...

love you guys.

Love,Eline.