36

****Lisa Michaels****
Cole's bewildered eyes settled on whoever was behind me as I tried to choke back on my tears.

When I finally looked over my shoulder, I froze and so did the figure I was eyeing from behind me.

Fuck! I should have known with all the females buzzing and the posh cars scattered on the VIP lounge.

Feeling my chest fire up in a constricting manner and something too heavy drop too violently in the depth of my stomach, I blinked.

This was so not how I'd planned on our next encounter.

If I'd ever anticipated one in the first place!

Feeling my already constricted throat constrict even farther, I let my eyes scan through him without turning fully to face him.

From the way Cole shifted from the corner of my eye I realized the staring was too much so I leaned away from the car just as I'd started seeing something like relief, or hurt or even anger flash on his face and turned back to Cole only to find his eyes widening still.

As if he couldn't still believe his eyes or as if he was just getting a little bit more info into the matter.

Yeah! He's a hot multi-billionaire! Get over it.

I snapped mentally only to freeze when I felt an arm yanking me to come face to face with the dark orbs that had been a source of my heartache for a while.

Restless nights thanks to this very look came back to me in what seemed to be a slap to my face because I gasped just in time for him to pull me onto him by the waist.

Just as I was about to ask him what he thought he was doing, his lips crashed onto mine without warning and I immediately closed my eyes feeling my knees go weak just as he started to move his lips onto mine.

The moment of bliss and recklessness lasted only for a second because Dave pulled only a moment after claiming my lips and looked behind me.

Just realizing that Cole had seen the entire thing and that I had sort of indulged it for a moment, I felt a sick feeling wash over me.

This was so not my night, was it?

And just like that, Dave pulled himself away from me and walked into his car without a word.

"Cole," I rasped the name out, feeling like the ground beneath my feet was slowly slipping away.

The violent hum of Dave's car plunged us both into silence until he drove away.

"Things have changed," Cole mumbled beneath his voice and walked to his car without another word.

My head was spinning, tears choking me anyway they could, and slowly, I felt my world break apart.

How on earth had I come so close to so much drama?

Just a year ago, standing on the sane grounds, all that mattered was whether I'd submitted my project papers on time and now; I had a billionaire kissing me, an ex-would-be-boyfriend to explain it to and a million emotions to sort through in just one night!

And not to mention I had four more days to brave a thanksgiving dinner with aunt Edith.

Just before I could make my way out of the parking lot, my phone rang.

"Hello, Tony?" I called into the phone soon after I'd picked up.

"Cole is so damn pissed, he's at the frat house," he said and I sighed.