14

***LISA MICHAELS*** 

My head was killing me! How on earth had I let Dave happen once again? 

And to think only yesterday I thought my crush for him was justified!

Swallowing the painkillers Harris had brought me, I winced. Any movement on my face made me wince out of pain and agony.

I was now at my place with a guy who eyed me as if I was crazy... If I were him I'd have done the same...

Earlier, before my disfiguration, I had a small meeting with Mr. Fremaux, where he'd promised to pay my remaining half of the debt on his next visit and had me promise him to go back to school soon after.

After the meeting, I was out of the lounge and  down to the changing room when a crazy psycho bitch pulled me by the hair and started a solo scratch fight before I got hold of myself and soon after a crowd was forming and words were being thrown at me and people were whispering before Dave appeared and took the bitch's side saying that I'd provoked her and what-not!

Mr. Pavel caught wind of the matter and now I was suspended for a week's time under the accusation that I'd angered and injured one of the best customers.

Right after the show and suspension, Dave dared warn me about getting a restriction notice issued to me for the whole scenario... And sooner did I know that the bitch attacking me was the jerk's girlfriend.

Harris caught me crying by the entrance when he came to pick me up and he hardly said a word till we were at my place. He milked the truth out of me when he was cleaning and treating the nail wounds on  my face.

Now, watching him tip the pizza guy at the door, I sank down on the couch and leaned my head backward. How long was my head going to ache over a virtual emotion?

And how long was it going to take me to realize that Dave would never be the guy I wanted him to be?

                                                                    * ***DAVE MORGAN*****

My secretary placed the files on my desk and excused herself hastily.  She better than anyone knew the type of mood I was in at the moment. Sighing, I skimmed through the files and placed them back on the table.

The incident with Lisa and Darcy kept replaying in my head till I couldn't take it no more. Darcy had gone as far as attacking her at the club to get back at her for my leaving her on the streets the last time she insulted her in the car.

Telling Lisa that I'd get a restriction order was only for her own good because if I ever took Lisa's  side at the club last night Darcy would have made sure to humiliate her to no end or have my father do it for her.

"Hey?" Harris stood at the door looking at me with an unreadable expression on his face.

"The lost finally return,"  I said attempting humor as I turned to face him fully. His face broke into a guarded grin as he settled on the white leather on the side by the window facing the whole town beneath.

"Your dad send me an E-mail this morning," He said taking out his phone, " Says the period is being reduced by two months since all the supplies are in place," Looking at the same E-mail on my desktop, I nodded.

"Guess you got the employee version," I said with a non-existent smile on my face, "What have you been upto?"

"The usual," He said with a shrug,"Drinks tonight?"

As tempting as his offer was in my current carthasis of events, I had far more important  matters to attend to.

"I can't!" I told him hesitantly, "I already have plans."

"Clients tonight?"

"Personal." I could almost spell out the 'OH' on his face as his lips ushered in a gentle smile.

"Well, gotta go." He told me, "We should catch up some time soon." He said walking to the door.

"We should," I agreed silently. "Say hi to Melisa for me." His mom was a favorite subject for the both of us. The kindest woman that had ever roamed the face of the earth but even now, someone else was taking out every nice word and adding it onto her list.

"Oh!" Harris turned to look at me, " That girl Lisa was beaten up at the club yesterday."

And if he'd known that Darcy was the one behind the assault then he'd be out of here by now.

"I'll have someone look into it." I said quietly.

A small smile came across his face and he soon disappeared into the hall beyond my sight.

                                                               ****LISA MICHAELS****

"I am not doing it," I protested as I snatched the dress away from his grip.

"C'mon, what's the worst that could happen?" Harris asked sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Ummmh, people will think I'm sick. Who wears make-up on a bruised face?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"You'll still look pretty. C'mon, one hour and you are back on bed."

"No!" I screamed at him because I was actually indulging the idea. "You'll make me do something stupid like last time," I said with a pout.

"I promise there are no walls to climb." he promised hurriedly.

"Drinks? I can't handle a hangover in this state," I warned quietly as I finally eased into the idea of going out with him.

"Okay! Truth is, I want you to meet my mom. She's in town and I want you to have dinner with us." His eyes were anywhere but on me. 

Giving him a wide-eyed expression,  I sat next to him and nudged him on the shoulder.

"You want me to meet your mom all scratched up?"

"Jeez, you are not my girlfriend and all I'm trying to do is save you out of possible death from boredom. Dress-up, I'll be downstairs."  He said disappearing into the corridor.

Eyeing the clothes he'd picked out for me I was only one thought away from harboring ideas of him wanting me to impress his mom if only not for the marks on my face.

Did Harris have a girlfriend like other jerks I knew? And if not, did he liken me for one?

 *****

I know its not much but for now that's all....

next update will be out on saturday and its not a single chapter since I've been sluggish on uploading.

love you guys, stay safe.

Love, Eline.