53

***** Lisa Michaels *****
"Hey!" I breathed out as I jogged up to Dave who was on his phone but immediately put it away when I was right in front of him. "Sorry I'm late!"

"Why are you panting?" He asked assessing my appearance and I gave him a funny smile as I tried to figure out how to explain my run in with a few friendly fans.

"I was running from some guys who recognized me from a fashion magazine."

"Where is Paul?" His voice hardened and I rose my eyebrows.

"I didn't need bodyguards at school," I told him and he huffed. "Really? You are mad because I asked them to stay off work while I was at school?"

"I'm mad because you could have been hurt," he said pulling out his phone.

"You are not going to fire them-" I trailed as he nodded his head while typing furiously on his phone. "You can't do that. I was the one who asked them to stay away."

"Why would you do something like that?" He asked loudly enough to catch the attention of the few people in the lobby.

"You can Not be serious right now." I  said, anger simmering in my blood. "I am not some pretty little diva that is too fragile to protect themselves and needs you to protect. You took the initiative. I was fine before you." My teeth ground together as I try to keep my voice down.

Also maybe to simmer down the fuming anger raging through me.

"You could have asked me first." He ground quietly as well, his jaw clenching as if he did not even want to be doing this conversation.

"You are fucking kidding me!" I said storming my way back to the entrance of the store.

"Wait!" He called behind me but I pulled the door open and walked out.

A moment passed before Dave came to stand next to me as I resigned to call for a cab.

"I  shouldn't have freaked out like that."

"You figured it out." I said flatly and tried to reload my uber app.

Stupid things never work right when you want to storm out with a flare.

"Lis-"

"Don't call me." I said through my teeth. "Oh! And Ella couldn't make it."

"Are you seriously going to leave because of a little-"

"A little? Where the hell are you from? You hired guards for me which is pretty cool but you did not ask me and now you are mad because I made a decision to be alone for a while and you make it sound like I have no control-"

He hugged me before I could finish and I felt my head lighten from the tightness of anger.

"I'm sorry." He said and patted my hair a little. "I'm just worried about you after last time."

"I can take ca-"

"I know you can. I'm just being extra careful. I don't want us to fight anymore."

"Lemme go please."

"Deal?"

"Whatever."

"What are you? Twelve?"

"I'm going to hurt you." I threatened and he laughed as he pulled me back into the shop.

****
"People are staring." My eyes scanned the little restaurant as Dave  led me to a table on the left.

"Because you're hot. " he said and I narrowed my eyes at him.