47

****Lisa Michaels****
A light feathery touch ran along my bare leg as I stirred and tried to sit up.

It was a damn Saturday.

Didn't Ella  get a fucking memo?

I almost rolled off the bed when I finally opened my eyes to see who was actually being a nuisance.

"W-"

"Don't push me away, please listen to me," Dave said and I groaned.

I was going to skin Ella after this was over.

"Who let you in?" I asked the question I already had an answer to.

"Your cousin," he told me quietly as he stood from his crouched position beside my bed and took a seat on my mattress. "She didn't want to at first but she finally did after a while," he said with a small shrug.

Was he drank?

My eyes darted to my phone as I picked it up and checked the time. 3:09 am.

Why on earth was he here at this time and most importantly, what the hell was wrong with him?

"Every time I actually think you are finally going to leave me alone you show up again,"I huffed and ran a hand through my face and hair. I knew I looked like a mess but the last thing I needed to think about was my looks.

"I just want us to talk," he told me and I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Yeah? About what?" I asked before standing up to take a seat on the little desk chair I used for my studying and job assignments. "Oh, yeah wait. How about the bodyguards?"

"You need them," he stated with a finality that made me groan.

"I'm not some sort of celebrity and worse of it all, how do you think my boyfriend feels about you doing things like that?"

Because he was not happy in the least bit.

"I'm sorry," he said quietly, "I will talk to him. He can continue to take you wherever he wants but the guards are staying."

"All five of them?"

"Yes, all five of them." He replied without even blinking.

"Dave,"I called him softly, maybe I could talk him out of this. "I don't like you in that sense. And I'm not going to see you any differently if you all of a sudden decided to shower me with all of your money. I truly like Cole and I'm trying to make it work between us. Please stop making it difficult," his hands clenched into fists as I spoke and I narrowed my eyes trying to understand what that meant but he spoke before I could.

"Do you hate me?"

"What?" I asked what I was thinking, slightly confused where that came from.

"The other night,"he reminded softly and my mind cleared a bit, "you said you...," he trailed off as if finishing it made it truer than it really was.

"No, I don't," I told him and sighed,"I was really upset and you weren't giving me the chance I needed to be alone," at least I could be truthful about that.

"I want to make amends," he said and I wanted to quickly talk the idea out of his mind but he continued quickly, "I respect that you have your boyfriend,"he said and I rose an eyebrow. "I'm getting married so it doesn't matter anyway,"he added quietly and I sighed, nodding slightly.

"Does that mean you'll leave me alone?" My heart did a little clench as I waited for his answer.

Maybe I didn't want to lose him just yet.