30

**** Dave Morgan****

It'd taken everything in me not to go back at Lisa's place just to explain what the stupid headlines meant or what I thought of the night we shared together.

Looking at the clock on the wall, I gripped my hair and pulled at it in frustration. All this travelling and business was doing me no good since all I wanted was to talk to her.

Today being on a Wednesday, I was well aware of the fact that she was already in Boston and getting her classes ready if not already studying.

I'd held myself back all the times I'd wanted to call. What would I say to her? How would I say it to her? She made it clear at the club that she did not want to see me.

I looked at my phone one more time, maybe if I grew a pair and dialed the damn phone I'd get an idea once I'd heard her voice.

Sigh!

Why was I this conflicted over a simple phone call? Lisa didn't have to know why I'd went ahead and gotten engaged right after I'd spent the night with her. Lisa didn't need to know what thinking about the kisses we shared or our last moment at the club did to me.

Lisa didn't need to know anything since all I wanted was to hear the sweet sound of her voice.

Whipped

My subconscious could be annoying at times but by now, I wasn't sure if he was right or wrong— all I had in mind was to call her.

And so I did.

****Lisa Michaels****
My last period had just ended when my phone rang. The caller ID displayed an unknown number so it took me a while before I slid the receive button to the side.

"Hello?" I sang quietly into the phone. The other side went completely silent and I knitted my brows in silence.

Was this some kind of joke?

"Look, whoever you are, you need to talk or I'm hanging up." I informed ready to carry out the threat if the other party did not participate in time.

"Lisa," my body froze at the voice on the other side.

What the-?!

"H-how did you get my number?" The question came out defensively.

"How are you?" The voice on the other side was quiet and careful and for a moment my breathe caught.

Closing my eyes, I leaned on a wall beside me and pinched the bridge of my nose. This couldn't be happening.

"Why are you calling me Dave?" My voice came out as quietly as I'd hoped it would and thankfully, so was my breathing.

"I just wanted-"

"To what? Know how I was doing? I'm doing great thanks. Dave, you're almost a married man now so please do me a favor and leave me alone." I snapped on my side.

A little bit of an overreaction but it was my only saving grace.

"I'm sorry." He said before the line went silent.

Lying there with my back against the wall I felt my knees tremble. Even now, it still hurt a little to realize that he wasn't the one after all.

Stupid crushes!

After steadying my breathe, I walked into one of my lecturers' office where I'd been summoned before.

My evening wouldn't be as peaceful as I thought after all... Came out the dejected thoughts just as I knocked on the door after three calming breathes.