31

****Dave Morgan****

"You look like crap," Grace's voice came from my doorway and I sighed.

Did I really?

Running my thumb through the cold bottle of alcohol I had, I rose my eyes to her.

Her eyes turned from teasing to dreadful and I felt a sting in my heart. I'd promised her and myself that I wouldn't take this path anymore but here I was, in full glory of a setting sun.

"What's wrong? D-did you visit the doctor?"

I shook my head and closed my eyes. That hadn't even crossed my mind for a while. "I'm just a bit blown off but I'm going to be fine." My voice wasn't as convincing as I'd hoped it would be. The thick slur and heavy pounding in my head didn't help the situation either.

"You promised-"

"I goddamn fucking know that!" I hissed through my teeth. Honestly I was furious with myself because even after everything I couldn't control myself.

"C'mon, freshen up and I'll order something for you to eat. I was only leaving in a couple of hours," Grace's voice came out a bit authoritatively as she slipped the bottle from my grip.

"She doesn't know it's all fake!" I felt myself crumble into pieces at the thought of her. "I wanted to say something. I wanted to explain-"

"It's okay-" Grace tried to sooth and my jaw clenched.

"No, it's fucking not. Why can't she talk to me like a human? Why does it bother her that I'm engaged? Because it will ruin her? It's ruining me but I don't get to complain. I don't get to fucking snap at her!"

I hurled the bottle that Grace had sat beside me to the wall ahead and relished in the screaming glass as it shattered to pieces on the wall.

Grace watched the stain on the wall and on the white carpet before she looked back at me. Something in her eyes glinted before she stood up and helped me to the bathroom.

"You're just drank, the hurt will go away," she paused and gave me a meaningful look, " eventually."

"I can't let her break me." I whispered as Grace's arms circled me, "I don't want her to break me."

"I'm afraid you're headed in the wrong direction. I think I'll cancel my flight for tonight but for that to happen you need to pull yourself together." She said before leaving the bathroom.

Closing my eyes, I opened the water and sat leaning on the tiled wall as the water cascaded down my skin.

I wish I could see her, even from afar. The sight of her would help me immensely —but then again it might break me.

What was I going to do with myself now?

Part of me wished I hadn't began what I did with her but my other part yearned for more and praised me for doing so.

As I finally slipped out of my clothing, I realised that the water had ran cold a while ago.

Tonight was just another night I didn't want to relive at whatever cost but somewhere deep down I knew I was a long way from actually never reliving it.

More time... That's all I needed to  get myself together and then Lisa would be a thing of the past.

Just like everyone else!

****Lisa Michaels****
Ella drove to the mall after she dropped me to school. Checking my watch, I sighed in relief. I still had twenty minutes before my first class. Crossing over the vast lawn I headed to the library and slipped out the assignment sheet from yesterday's visit to Mrs. Lindsey's and started on it.