26

****Lisa Michaels****

"Hey, wake up." A gentle tag at my shoulders pulled me off my slumber. "Jeez! You're naked!" Harris hissed replacing the covers on me.

I was–?! Then last night came rushing back to me and I cursed, pulling the sheets tighter.

"I made breakfast for us." He said before leaving. He didn't even glance back as he locked the door.

"You going to explain the little show?" He asked once I joined him at the kitchen and I shook my head. I had never talked to him about Dave and I was not going to start by explaining yesterday.

"C'mon, who screwed you yesterday?" His eyes roamed over me and I rose an eyebrow.

"I'm not going to tell you that!" I protested once he rose his own eyebrow at me.

"That's what every girl does." He stated and I held back a scoff.

"Well, I'm not any girl and definitely do not want to know why you know that." I told him before filling my coffee mug.

"Why aren't you at work?" I asked as an afterthought and his eyes landed on me once again.

He had hardly touched his food and my plate was halfway empty.

"When is today?" He asked calmly and I knitted my eyebrows together.

"Shit!" I muttered once I remembered. "Sorry, I honestly forgot." I told him and felt my heart weigh down in guilt.

Over a few days ago Harris had travelled out of town for a job assignment but had promised me he'd take me out in the first weekend he came back.

Today was that weekend.

"It's cool really. Can we just stay in and hang out? The weather is sort of gloomy."

"You're gloomy." I told him and he sighed. "You haven't even touched your food yet."

"I'm full." He said quietly and I watched him push his plate away from him.

"No you're not. You're upset." I said and wished I'd shut my mouth. Ever since  I told him about Aden and a shaded version of what happened that weekend, all we did was ignore each other or act weird while together.

I hated it because I'd started liking his company and lately he'd been such a nice sport. Well before my stupid confessions.

"I can't say I'm happy with the thought that you've been sleeping around with your clients Lisa!" Well that reached my ears just in time for my eyes to snap to his.

"That's what you think." My voice came out as a disbelieving gasp as the hurt hit me all at once. Trying to find something to say to him and failing miserably at the attempt, I slowly pushed my chair back and stood up.

Call me weak but this was Harris the guy who never thought twice not to mention that I was a stripper. Now he was calling me a slut.

"I think we need space to clear off. Thanks for breakfast and for dropping by." My voice was as quiet as it could be at the moment. Heavens knew the real havoc beneath my collected demeanor.

I wanted to shout and scream at him, call him names that would hurt him too and tell him that he had no right to interfere in my life.

But that meant losing him and at this point, I didn't know if losing was what I wanted.

"Lisa, I'm not leaving." He stated walking over to me and I froze. What did he mean by that?

I wanted him to leave because if he didn't then I'd be forced to argue with him which meant losing him at the end.