09

The lights around me started to dim as I walked back into the bar.
Ever since Harris had made it a routine to come pick me up after work Magic had cut me off completely.

He hardly even ever glanced at me twice. — which I admit was both painful and good at the same time.

Without him making me feel guilty I could concentrate on better  things.

Like how Mr. Fremaux, one of my very loyal clients had paid half of my debt with Mr. Pavel in only five appointments I'd had with him.

I definitely did not sell myself to him.

Granted I only found out the amount he paid for me only today after my shift.

"Ready?" A voice startled me.

Oh! Dave was here to pick me up.

"You're an hour early!" I told him a bit startled by his presence.

I honestly thought he wasn't going to come fetch me as discussed in the morning. Well, actually afternoon!

"That's because I've paid to have you for the rest of your working hours." He explained coolly.

"I wasn't notified!" I frowned at the thought.

"C'mon!" He prompted after a second.

"Lemme change!" I told him gesturing to my skimpy outfit.

Nodding, he permitted me to go ahead.

****Dave Morgan*****

Lisa was oddly quiet in the car as I drove out of the town centre. This gave me an idea to get her talking to me.

"Have you played a question game before?" I asked her.

"Truth or dare count?" She replied promptly.

"More like Q and A." I elaborated.

"Hardly remember!" She told me after  a sec.

"Can we play?" That was the most cringe-worthy question I'd ever asked a woman my entire life. "I mean-" I cut myself short once her phone started ringing.

Phew!

"I'm sorry, I have a client." She said on the phone.
...
"I'll be free the whole weekend." She told softly.
...
"Coffee and picnic sounds great!" She agreed with a pleasant smile.

Her gaze shifted to me once she was done with the call and I internally sighed.

Her conversation was erupting so many mines within me that I also found out about in the time span of a five-second phone call.

"Picnic?" Very smooth, idiot!

"It's an apology thing." She explained quietly and I found myself surprised.

I didn't expect her to explain!

Just thought she'd dismiss me with a teasing phrase for listening in on her.

"You do it a lot?" Anything that made her want to talk to me was more than welcome at this stage.

"My first time actually," she said with a soft laugh.

Her eyes sparkled with delight every time she was happy or whenever she was not being serious.

"You're not a prude!" I said without intending to. "Shit!" I said as I nearly missed a car speeding towards us.