78

*****Lisa Michaels *****

The town's been dead for a while,
The clouds won't be clear this time,
So I know the sun won't shine,
For a while, for a while,

The flowers died a long while,
I think they knew she left town,
'Cause even in the rain,
The little shits won't thrive,

I'm stuck in town, I'm stuck in town,
Watching the same road,
And even I know I might drown,
Cause these tears are getting old,

The town's been dead for a while,
So I know the sun won't shine,
and these tears are getting old,
Since she left town...

It had been a whole week of crap since Dave 'broke up' with me. Firstly,  since I was among the graduating class in the course of the year, I had a tonne of studying to do, not forgetting the exams and projects and crap.

I was only a minute away from asking to be deferred again or just completely giving up on studies.

My foul mood however wasn't because of the awful grade I got in a CAT earlier in the day but because it had been rush hour, I was stuck in traffic and I had less than thirty to get to Dave's,  pack up my stuff and leave before he got home from work.

Why the hell did I wait for a whole week to get my stuff?

When the traffic eased up I almost cried out of relief, checking the time again I groaned. I had less than 28 minutes.

I'd called Essie to see if she could get some of the things I'd left in Dave's room and put them back at the guest room I'd been sleeping in but just as my luck would have it, she'd taken a leave for two weeks, leaving me to panic and hate myself for having to revisit the cause of all my pain in the last week.

I had avoided everything Davewise, from his socials to the tabloids,  the news, fake or real and even gone as far as to block and unblock his number a couple times before deleting it.

Panicking that I had only fifteen minutes,  I quickly rushed from the elevator and entered the code on his lock, impatiently waiting for the doors to just open and give me enough time to collect my stuff and leave before he came home.

The one good side of all this was the fact that he hadn't changed his security code amidst everything.

"Yes we sho-" the voice cut off when I got in and three pairs of eyes stared at an hyperventilating mess that was me.

Feeling the panic freeze me in spot, I took in a rugged breathe and tried to blend into the wall.

Did I just walk in to a business meeting when all I'd wanted was to get in and out of here unnoticed?

The worst part was the fact that I recognized all of the people present and none of them gave me a sense of comfort.

Harris hadn't talked to me in a while, he had ignored all my calls and texts and went as far as to block me on almost every social site. I'd long given up on trying to reach him.

Grace wasn't really a friend so there was no much comfort offered by her presence either, if anything at all she was just an added reason for me to freak out even more.

Dave, who was actively trying to avoid my gaze, was the whole reason why I was as freaked out as I was right now.

Sighing, I stood up straighter and cleared my throat timidly, "I'm just here to pick a few things, " I informed no one in particular and walked to what was my former room.