48

****Lisa Michaels ****
"Hey, get the fucking door!" I shouted to Ella who was downstairs but not doing a thing to get the door.

"Do you really want to cook this breakfast?"

Groaning, I put my papers together and rushed down to get the door.

"Hi?" I greeted the guy on the other side and he gave me a small smile.

"I have a package for you," he said, placing a brown box in front of him, taking it with furrowed eyebrows, I looked back up to him."sign here," he said, placing the clipboard and a pen in front of me.

"Okay, thanks." I said walking back in after signing.

"I have a packaaage, " I sang proudly to Ella without even knowing what was inside the box.

"Hello, billionaire!" Ella sang as if it were the most obvious things on earth.

"There's no address on it," I said placing it on the coffee table before looking through one of the console drawers to get a pair of scissors.

"I'm sure it's from Dave, " Ella said getting out of the kitchen, "do you think he bought you a car?" She gushed.

"What's wrong with the one I have?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows in annoyance as I tried to remember where the scissors were.

"Nothing," she shrugged, "but if it's a  car then I get to drive the new one and you can keep your old junk to yourself. "

Getting agitated for not finding the scissors, I slammed the drawer shut and clicked my tongue before walking back to the coffee table to pick up the box.

"I don't think a car can fit in here, " I told her, "plus guess who doesn't get to drive my junk to campus for the next one month?"

"You wouldn't?" She exclaimed and I laughed hard.

"You're the one that insulted my car, " I examined the box for a minute before an idea struck me, "get me a knife," I told her. "Wait, do you have your keys on you?"

"Here," she placed her keys on the table and I picked them up using the small nail file on her nail cutter to pierce the tape so that I could open the box. "For the record, you don't have a junk," Ella said as she watched me open the box. "I'm just happy you didn't say ride your junk cuz I'd be morti-"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I screamed incredulously as I threw a cushion at her which she laughed at and dodged as she rushed to open the door after the doorbell rang again.

"Yeah she is at home," I heard Ella say  before she walked in shortly followed by Dave.

"Hey?" I greeted before pushing the small box away from me to stand up.

"What's that sme-" Ella started but then her brain seemed to click on something before a worried look took over her features, "oh my gosh!" She cried running to the kitchen before it clicked to me as well.

"You forgot to turn off the stove?" I cried rushing in to help if I could.

"Do you like black eggs?" She stood by the stove with a frown on her face as she studied the mess in the pan in front of her.

"Don't touch it!" I warned as she reached for the pan.

"I was going to put it in the sink," Ella defended and I gave a long tired sigh before throwing her a pair of mittens.

"Hey, sorry about that, " I said walking back into the living room where Dave sat with an amused look on his face. "Do you want black eggs?"

Dave shook his head and laughed for a moment before composing himself and shook his head again with a small smile.