07

I looked at my phone one more time then sighed. It was already a half past midnight and Harris was in no sight.

What made me more mad though wasn't his rate of lateness but the fact that as much as I wanted to be mad at him or a little bummed, I couldn't because he was too damn gorgeous for me to be mad at.

And the night wasn't as blissful and cheery as it would have been on a normal night.

After so long of waiting for that stupid guy Dave to show up, he finally did.

But not alone.

The stupid asshole came along with a stunning beautiful blonde that had half of the male crowd swooning at her feet. That didn't bother me as much though, till I walked into him making out with her on my way to a client's lounge.

His smirk made my interior burn with fury as I hurried out of the lounge I'd stumbled into.

Looking at my phone one more time, I gave up! There was no point waiting for him being so damn mad at the fucking whole world.

Stepping out of the club, I pulled the jacket tighter to my body and kept my head low to escape the biting cold whipping my face furiously.

"Sorry!" I said automatically as I bumped into someone.

"We meet again," a familiar voice humored as my eyes snapped to him.

"Unfortunately!" I muttered bitterly.

"Lemme drive you home," Dave offered as he pulled me by the arm to follow him.

"No, thank you!" I said as I pulled my hand out of the stupid grip he had on me.

"You have a problem slutty prude?" He smirked and my heart dropped.

My eyes immediately glazed with tears as I looked away from him.

"Excuse!" I demanded harshly as I pushed him away from my way and walked towards the bus stop.

My eyes had already filled to the brim  by the time the bus stop came to view. What made it even worse was that my heart felt as heavy as a brick.

"I'm sorry!" Came a rushed voice behind me and I literally froze in my tracks.

My mind willed the rest of my body not to turn to him.

"Please leave me alone," I said begging my not-so-subtle sniffles to go away as well.

"Why are you acting like a bitch? I only asked if I could take you home." He asked between clenched teeth.

It'd been less than fifteen minutes and he'd insulted more than all my neighbors let out in five years!

"I remember telling you I didn't want you to insist. I'm fine on my own!" I told him turning to eye him for the first time after shoving him out of my way a while ago.

"Fine! Suit yourself ," his voice humored as he walked a little bit farther from me, "Just wanted to make sure you weren't sleeping around with any man tonight!" He added just loud enough for two men standing at the bus shed to hear him.

I physically cringed at his wording and my heart squeezed with pain as a new gush of tears threatened to break out.

But not this time! I told myself as I restrained myself from looking at his retreating figure.

*****
Catching a bus at this time of the night was quite the impossible task to do. But between standing here while waiting for my luck to strike was better than taking the tedious walk home and risk any impending doom that awaited outside the sketchy outskirts of the central business hub.