06

The relief of not seeing a single soul behind me as I stepped out of the cab was obvious as my shoulders came off their tense mode and my heartbeat finally slowed after a while of trying during the whole drive to my place.

My hand gripped the key tighter as I felt a presence behind me and I immediately stiffened.

My hunch was right!

Someone had followed me home.
And it freaked me out to no end.

"Hey?" Okay first off, that voice was way too sweet and husky to be any kidnapper's voice. And secondly, no kidnapper sounded so sweet!

My head turned on its own as my eyes finally fell on my apparent stalker.

The guy was gorgeous in all forms of the word and a part of me stood there fangirling his cute looks as the other reprimanded over the looming potential of danger.

"Hi?" I greeted turning fully to face him as my feet took a step down the front ones. "You followed me home."  I stated amusement sparking in my eyes.

"Well..." He trailed off as he scratched the back of his neck before giving me an adorable sheepish smile.

It was crazy but looking at him made me wish I'd stare at him all night!

"You know-" I cut myself off since he'd started explaining himself to me.

"I saw you at work and decided to follow you!" He told me.

Smiling at him, I took a step towards him and stopped once I was only an inch or two away from him.

"Do you follow every strange girl you see at a club?" I pushed clearly amused by the fact that his looks said nothing about him.

With such good looks I'd expected him to have pulled a few flirty lines and used his ego to undermine the possibilities of me refusing him.

Somehow the nervousness clearly evident on his features made me smile and want to talk to him despite the fact that he was literally a stranger who'd followed me home from work.

"You're beautiful!" He blurted out and a dust of a blush covered his cheeks as mine came full on.

Smiling it away, I enticed the compliment for a minute longer then let it go. If I was ever to have a best friend, I'd want him to be just like this gorgeous stranger who'd decided to follow me all the way home from work!

"Well, my name is Lisa, you can ask around at the club if you-"

"No! No!" He said quickly and I took a step back, "I didn't want you to strip for me!" His voice broke at strip and his eyes wandered off around the place as if he was ashamed to say it out loud to me.

"It's okay," I assured him with a smile, "I have already gotten used to people calling me a stripper by now. Sorry I assumed you..." I trailed off figuring he'd gotten my point.

"It's not every day a strange guy follows you home just to say you're beautiful, is it?" He joked and I found myself laughing.

"No!" I replied once my laughter had died down, "but it happens!" I added after a second.

"Well, I have to go!" Already? "It was nice meeting you Lisa." He said stepping back to the lane a few strides away from my front porch.

"I'd say it was nice meeting you too if I knew your name, stalker!" I raised my voice so that he could hear me laughing through my words.

"It's Harris, beautiful!" He said before stepping back into the night and leaving me smiling at the distance like a fool.