46

****Dave Morgan****
"What did the report say?" I asked without looking at the tall man sat on the chair in front of me.

"It's getting worse. I suggest-"

"How long?" I asked turning to look at him fully.

"We- I,... I did not count it out," he said uneasily under my gaze and I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose in the process.

"Estimate," I demanded calmly. If you didn't let the fear show then it wouldn't hurt.

Or so I thought.

"Seven months," he said quietly and I stilled. That wasn't much. "But if you stopped drinking the effects could be a little bit more manageable," he told me in a haste.

"Make sure my father knows nothing," I told him as I withdrew my emotional investment into the conversation. "I will have someone pick up the prescriptions."

"Dave, we need to ta-" Grace announced as she stormed into my office. "Hello Doctor Maurice? How's my cousin?" She asked giving me a pointed look.

"I'm all apples and peaches,"I told her pointedly as well, "the doctor was just leaving."

"Sure," he said collecting his papers and the small notebook he'd slid my way, "I will have the prescriptions ready. Good day."

"You too," Grace murmured before she turned to me.

"What?" I asked.

"She is not worth it," she said and I sighed.

"We've talked about this," I told her on a tired sigh. I was really tired talking about this with her.

"And clearly you were not listening," Grace chided. "You sent her bodyguards. What are you, her husband?"

Clenching my jaws, I heaved up a sigh. Even I couldn't explain the sudden need to protect her. I needed to know she was safe for me to be calm.

Despite the fact that she hated me, the need to protect her was overwhelming.

And I wish I knew why.

"She is a known model by now and what happened last night might happen again with her new found fame and all."I told Grace nonchalantly and stared at the open word document.

I just really needed to start fucking somewhere to show her I was sorry.

"What the hell is so special about her? I mean I get the beauty factor and all but you can't be pinning over a girl simply because she is fucking hot."Grace said and I looked at her.

She barely acknowledged that a girl was beautiful because she was scared. When she realized that she was bi, she immediately decided on working on her male phase only because coming out as bi meant that she was not the picture perfect Cleveling the family wanted.

For her to see another female as attractive and to admit it meant that she was breaking past her barriers.

"I know. Even I can't deny how gorgeous she is, I mean have you seen her bre-"

"Do you have a crush on my girl?" I grumbled in discomfort. What was it with almost everyone liking her?

"What? Noooo!" She denied as if the thought never crossed her mind but then paused as if to think of it, "no! Not really," she said a little bit defensive and a little bit less assertive. "I don't like her." She said quietly with furrowed brows.

What the heck Lisa?

Pinching my nose I groaned. Why?

"You have every right to like whoever you want," just not her, "I won't do anything else for her so relax okay?"