Hiding

15th December 1973

The 13th of July 1973 saw the release of Queen, Queen's first album. The album reached 24 in the UK charts while its single Seven Seas of Rhye peaked a 10 on the UK charts. They toured the UK as well as a gig in Germany, Luxembourg and were the support band for Mott The Hoople for 19 of their tour date.

It's given the band their first real taste of tour life, Alice is with them. The band are now in Leicester for a gig at the Leicester University Theatre and Queen are the headlining act.

They're in the dressing room getting ready, Alice is working on some basic nursery level activities that Brian put together for her. Now three years old, she should have started nursery in September but because they're on tour, Roger has no one else to look after her and he doesn't want to dump her on Mary, so these activities stop her from falling behind.

"Daddy, I need the bathroom," She looks up from her worksheet.

"Come on then," Roger pushes himself off the sofa and takes her hand, leading down the hall to the toilet, "I'm going to go back and finished getting ready. You come straight back to the dressing when you're done, okay?"

"Okay," She pushes the bathroom door open. He trusts her, throughout the entire tour she's been so good, doing as she told and making sure she doesn't get in the way.

Apart from when the press tries to capture photos of them, Roger hasn't once felt that his daughter is in any danger.

Alice finished in the bathroom and had every intention of following her dad's instructions but as she left the bathroom, Paul Prenter is stood there. Now Alice is not one to hate on people, she'd happily talk to any member of Queen's tour crew but she doesn't like Paul, he scares her and she seems to be the only one to see that he's up to something.

He sees her coming out of the bathroom, "What are you doing wandering around on your own? God knows why Roger brought you on this tour, you nothing but a pest and costing the company extra money."

As he got closer, Alice turns and runs the other way getting further and further away from the dressing room. Paul doesn't bother going after her, one less problem if she goes missing.

Out of breath, Alice stops looking about for a sign to get back to the dressing room, she doesn't see one but she does find one for the stage and follows it. If she can get to the stage, she knows how to get back from there.

------

"Lads, five minutes till showtime," Paul walks into the dressing room as the four are working through their various warm-up routines.

Downing the last of his beer, Roger stands, "Right Alice, you staying in here or coming to watch from the side of the stage?" He turns to where Alice's stuff is but no Alice, "Where's Alice?" He looks to his bandmates, checking the rest of the room in case he's missed her.

"Did she come back from the toilet?" Brian frowns, not recalling that she came back.

Huffing Roger goes down the hall finding the nearest woman, "Excuse me, love, could you do me a favour and see if my daughter, Alice is in there?"

"Sure," The woman pushes the door open. She comes back moments later, "Sorry, there's no one in there."

"Shit," He curses and the woman raises an eyebrow, "Right, thanks anyway love if you see a little blonde girl running around anywhere, do me a favour and bring her back to the dressing room."

He walks away muttering to himself, "If I was a three-year-old girl where would I go?"

"We can make you look like a girl if you like," Freddie muses, "skirt and tights put a few bows in your hair and no one would know you're a bloke."