Brit Awards

February 1990

"I can't believe you agreed to use my exam dress as your Brit Awards outfit," Hazel beams, pinning the hem of the dress.

"Of course I'm wearing it, it's beautiful." Queen has been nominated for an award as well as receiving an award for outstanding contribution to music at the Brit Awards tomorrow night. Roger asked Alice to be his plus one and of course, she's there as Queen's photographer too.

"It is," Dominique agrees, admiring the dress, "We've been shopping all morning for shoes to wear with it."

"Well, I can't thank you enough," Hazel finished pinning the dress, "Go take it off, just be careful not to knock any pins or stab yourself."

"Thank you, I'll pick it up in the morning," Alice hugs her friend once she's back in her own clothes and follows Dominique out the door.

The following day, Dominique and Alice had the girly day she wanted. They when to the hairdressers, got their nails done then Dominique help Alice get ready.

Roger comes into her room, "Alice, cars here."

"I'm coming, I've got to look good if I'm escorting Queen's infamous Roger Taylor," Alice grins looking herself over in the mirror, "Do I look alright?"

He rolls his eyes smiling, moving to stand behind her in the mirror and kisses her temple, "You look beautiful. You feeling alright?"

"Just the usual tiredness," Despite having cancer she hasn't felt any symptoms other than fatigue until now, but the last two days she's been getting out of breath going up and downstairs, she's keeping it from her dad for now. She has a check-up with doctor Melrose in a few days to approval her travelling with Bowie for the tour but, she fears the doctor will say the cancer has spread further into her lungs.

"You can stay and rest, you don't have to come," He offers. His concern for her is never-ending, he knows it's smothering her but he can't help it.

She shakes her head and grabs her camera, "I can rest when I'm gone," She whispers, "Now is the time I want to spend with my family. Come on, let's not keep the car waiting any longer." Roger offers his arm and she takes it, following him to the waiting car.

The award ceremony seemed to fly by and soon the drinks are flowing at the after-party. With a headache forming from the heat inside, Alice steps out onto the veranda for some fresh air, sitting on a bench that looks over the city.

She's soon joined by Brian, "A little birdie mentioned there's something on your bucket list that requests my involvement?"

He sits on the bench beside her and she hums, "Yes that little birdie seems to be mentioning a lot of things lately," She looks over her shoulder to see John stood at the door, "That favourite uncle title can go to someone else you know." John puts a hand to his heart in fake hurt and flees before she can wound him some more.