A Kind of Magic

Short filler chapter

February 1986

In the end, Queen didn't wait for Alice to finish school before hiring her as their photographer. They can't give her an official contract yet because she's not 16 but providing it doesn't clash or affect school, she will be at the event.

That includes today's event, it's the Feb half term and Queen is shooting the music video for A Kind of Magic. Also keeping their promise to Alice, Molly is there to do their make-up for the shoot.

Molly has already completed, Brian, John and Roger's looks and is currently working on Freddie. Alice goes over when the look is nearly complete, "How are you getting on?" She snaps a quick photo before sitting next to Molly.

"Done," Molly proclaims, handing a handheld mirror to Freddie.

"Fabulous work, Molly. You certainly know what you're doing with a make-up brush," Freddie muses, still looking in the mirror.

He stalks away and they get on with filming, "Thank you for sorting this," Molly rests her head on Alice's shoulder.

"Your welcome. How are you feeling? Have you taken your second lot of meds today?"

Molly sighs, shaking her head, "I haven't had lunch yet and they make me sick on an empty stomach."

Leaving her for a moment, Alice grabs a sandwich from the food table that's been set up for the day.

"Eat this, then take them," She grabs the pillbox out of Molly's bag then kisses her forehead, "You've got to take me to prom remember and you have to be here for that."

"I love you," Molly smiles taking a bite of the sandwich.

"Love you too. Eat," Alice orders going over to the band taking some photos as they film.

After a while of filming, they take a short break, "We'll have to hire you again," Freddie nudges Molly shoulder sitting on the stage steps beside the two girls.

"If I'm still around your welcome to my services," Molly never dreamed she would be part of a music shoot like this and to work with Queen is even better.

"Oh hush dear, you'll be here. We have that tour set up and you will be at the Wembley Stadium gig."

"I'll be ticking two things off my bucket list that month, Queen concert and taking this one to prom," Molly bumps Alice's shoulder.

"When do your exams start Ally?" Brian asks changing the subject.

"After the Easter holidays."

"Will you be finished in time to come on tour with us?" John works out the dates in his head the tour starts on the 7th of June and he's pretty sure exams last until the end of June.

"Yes, school have brought all of my exams forward so I can be there. My last exam is on the 2nd of June and I will have officially finished school. Then prom is on the 7th of July between the gig in Ireland and Newcastle."

"You got a dress yet, lovie?"

"No, not yet."

Freddie tuts, "Roger, your slacking, most girls have their gowns picked by now. Have you got your dress, Molly?"

"Yep, just waiting for it to arrive."

"I've been a bit busy the past few months," Roger huffs a laugh, he's referring to the fact the Dominique is 6 months pregnant and they've been busy sorting the nursery.

But with that in mind, the following day, Roger and Dominique took Alice out dress shopping, not returning home until they find her dress.

------