School

September 1974

Getting Biscuit for Alice was the best thing Brian could have done, she hasn't had a single nightmare in months, it's kept her occupied and even Roger enjoys the little fluff balls company.

The problem now is the pair are inseparable and go everywhere together, but today that is not the case. Today is Alice's first day at school and she is not happy that Biscuit can't go with her but she is excited for her first day.

"I'm ready," She bursts into the kitchen dressed in her new uniform, Biscuit finished eating and runs over to sit at her feet.

Roger would be lying if he said he doesn't feel a bit emotional seeing how cute she is in her black skirt, white polo shirt and green cardigan, he lifts her onto the barstool, "You look very cute, you ready for your first day?"

"Yes."

"Good, now you leaving your hair down or do you want it up?" Freddie, John and Brian laughed the other day when Alice asked him to braid her hair. He won't ever admit it but he likes doing Alice's hair as long as it's not too complicated.

Her hair is quite long now reaching just past her shoulders, soft curls bouncing throughout. The curls are the only part of Georgia that Alice has inherited. Her hair reminds Roger of Goldilocks because of the beautiful blonde colour.

"Pigtails please," She passes him the brush and bobbles.

Roger quickly ties her hair back in two bunches, two green bows with them, "Right, eat your breakfast then me and Biscuit will walk you to school."

During the walk Alice skipped along in front, Biscuits lead in hand while Roger carrying her school bag but once the school gate is in sight she slows down slipping her free hand into her dads, "There's no need to be nervous, Ally, just be yourself."

"What if I don't make any friends?" She leans into Roger's leg seeking comfort, "What if no one likes me?"

"Rubbish, who doesn't love you?"

"Mama."

He stops dead in his tracks and crouches before her, it was meant to be a rhetorical question, "And she's wrong. Your mother is too far up her own ass to love anyone but herself. Everyone else that knows you loves you, give it time and you will make friends, I promise."

Alice nods, giggling, "Uncle Brian will tell you off if he finds out you said ass in front of me."

Smirking, Roger takes her hand again, "Then he'd better not find out. And please don't repeat that word in school either."

Biscuit notes his owner sadness and licks her chin to cheer her up, "Thanks, Biscuit. I love you too," Alice mutters giving him a fuss.

Reaching the school gates, Roger takes Biscuit's lead and Alice takes her school bag, "Remember just be yourself and don't be afraid to go up to someone and introduce yourself, be brave."

She hugs his leg and Biscuit, "Love you," She shouts over her shoulder walking into school. He watches her go praying that she makes some friends.

------

It's lunchtime, Alice stood in the classroom looking for someone to sit with, her first part of the school day had gone well but she hasn't made any friend. She's talked to those who sat at her table but no proper friends yet.

At this moment Alice found herself missing home, she misses Biscuit and this is the first time she's really been on her own without her family around.

She notices a boy sat alone, be brave, she remembers her dad's word and goes over to him, "Can I sit here?"

The boy looks up nervously, "S-sure," He stutters.