Hyde Park

Hyde Park is one of four events Queen has played during September, they had two shows in Edinburgh, one in Cardiff and the Hyde Park gig which will be Queen's last show of the year, is a free concert.

It's three days before the gig and boys are at a meeting with concert organisers Richard Branson and John Reid. Also in the room is Richards assistant Dominique.

Roger isn't listening to the conversation at all, he's too busy staring at her.

The lads know that Roger is smitten with this woman but he won't talk to her, it's not the confident Roger they're used to, he's nervous and shy.

"Why don't you just talk to her, lovie?" Freddie questions loudly as they leave the building.

"I have!" Roger protests, "She thinks I'm arrogant."

"Well, she's got you sussed," John snickers.

"Shut up, Deaky." He glares at the bassist, "I want to get to know her."

"How?" Brian wonders, "You'll have to change her mind first."

"I know that but how?" The other three just shrug, no help at all Roger rolls his eyes, "Helpful, thank you."

He gets in the car and drives off that question in his mind the whole journey, it's after picking up Alice from school that he gets an idea. He decides to ask Alice for help while they're watching TV later that evening, "Ally, how would you feel about me dating someone?"

"Who is she?" She turns away from the TV excitedly.

Roger smirks, "She currently thinks I'm arrogant but her name is Dominique and she's the assistant of the organiser for the gig on Saturday."

"You're not arrogant," Alice frowns, not understanding why someone would call her dad that, "Your the best dad in the world."

"Thank you, monkey," He kisses her head, "but she thinks so and we need to change her mind."

"I have a plan. But you can't know because your reaction needs to be genuine."

"Hmm... I don't like the sound of that."

"You want it to work right?"

"Yeah, just tell someone the plan if not me, okay," She nods and he settles for letting her chose the plan. "What happened to your knee, Monkey?" He sees a plaster he hadn't noticed before.

"Oh, me and Hazel were playing on the playground and I tripped, scraping my knee. It's okay though."

------

"Uncle Freddie," Alice beams running onto the stage where he's talking to Paul.

"Hello lovie," Freddie swoops her into the air, hugging her close, "What are you doing here?"

"Yes, what are you doing here?" Paul mutters under his breath. Freddie misses it but Alice does, sticking her tongue out at him when Freddie isn't looking. Thankfully, Paul walks away.

"Are you here to take some photos?"

"Oh, can I daddy?" She lifts her camera to show she brought it.

"I don't see why not." Roger gets to work making sure his drums are correct, "Just don't forget about our plan. okay?"

"I won't," She grins.

"And what plan is this?" Freddie muses, he's always up for a good skim.

"To get daddy in Dominique's good books," She whispers so no one else will hear, "He doesn't know what it is but I can tell you."