Feelings

In this chapter you will see the introduction of Garden Lodge, I know Freddie Mercury didn't actually move into garden lodge till 1985 but it's from 1981 in this book.

The rest of Alice's first week in year 7 went well, but she's been very moody at home and it's all because of the feelings she's getting towards Molly.

Friday morning another argument shrikes up, Alice comes down as usual puts on her shoes and grabs some juice but no food, "Alice, you gonna have any breakfast?" Roger asks her.

"I'm not hungry, I'll have something at break time."

He huffs, knowing exactly where this is leading, "Ally, you need to have something. Breakfast helps to get your brain going for the day."

"Well, clearly that's not true because it hasn't worked for your brain," The young blonde rolls her eyes.

"Alice," Dominique warns, noting a touch of hurt behind her partner's eyes, "There's no need for that."

"What's going on?" Roger waves the comment off, "This isn't like you. You're going the right way for a grounding, the only reason I haven't is that I know this is coming from somewhere. You can talk to us we're your family."

Alice snaps, standing from her chair slamming her hands down on the table, "Well when I tell you the real reason you'll probably disown me so I'm just making it easier in the long run."

She pushes her chair back knocking it over and grabs her backpack, "I'll get the bus to the tube station. I'm sleeping at Rami's tonight so don't bother worrying where I am."

She slams the front door behind her leaving, Dominique and Roger's jaw dropped in her wake, "Uh oh," Felix mutters.

"What on earth was that about?" Dominique frowns she's never seen her like that, "Do you think something has happened at school?"

"I have no idea," He's never seen her like it either not even when she had the cancer mood swings.

------

Alice hardly paid attention in any of her classes that day, she feels bad for talking to her dad like that.

The end of the day couldn't come quick enough and she's glad that Rami decides to come with her, "I'm worried about going home tomorrow."

"Was it really that bad?" Rami asks as they're sat on the tube, Hazel got off two stops back.

"Yes. I basically called my dad stupid and after all he has done for me," He took her in, looked after her when she was ill, he has always put her first, "but I need to do this before I tell my dad, I need to know that what I'm feeling is right."

Stepping off the tube, Alice has a thought, "Oh did you take your anti-allergy stuff?"

"Yes, I took it before we left the school. Does he know your coming?"

"No, I just hope that Paul isn't there," Alice leads him in the direction of Garden Lodge, Freddie's new home/mansion.

Reaching the gate, Alice presses the comlink button and waits, an unfamiliar male voice answers, "Hello?"

"Hi, I'm here to see my uncle Freddie."

"And you are?"

"Alice Taylor. Roger Taylor's daughter."

"Oh, hold on."

She hears the gate click open, "Thank you."

"Wow," Rami's jaw drops admiring the garden, "This is incredible."