Father's Day

Hey guys, sorry for the random update, my work hours this week are all over the place. So update today instead of tomorrow and then the next one on Thursday.

June 1991

Roger and Debbie are startled awake by Rory and Felix jumping up and down on the bed, "Happy Father's day, daddy!"

"What time is it?" Roger groans, trying to bury himself under the covers.

"7am," Debbie yawns.

Getting no response from the drummer, Alice takes matters into her own hands, handing Rufus to his mum and collapse on top of her dad.

A louder, painful groan comes with Roger pushing the duvet away, "Christ, Ally, you weigh a ton."

"Rude," She sits on the edge of the bed, Rory cuddles into her dad's side and Felix sat at the end of the bed, "You are to open your presents from Rory, Rufus and Felix then be sat by the radio for 8am so you can receive your Father day present from me."

"Why the radio?" Roger frowns, taking the present that Rory waves in front of him.

"Because at 8am, my new single will be aired nationwide on the BBC Radio 2 for the first time, and I wrote the song for you," Alice grins feeling extremely proud of herself. Roger tries to question some more but she stops him, "Open their presents and then I'll explain."

Nearing 8am, Debbie takes Rufus, Rory and Felix down for breakfast to give and Roger and Alice this moment alone, "We didn't you tell me you were putting an album together? I could have been involved," He feels a little disappointed she didn't ask him for help.

"I know," Alice turns on the radio and sit on the bed next to her dad, "but I wanted you to hear this song when it was finished, which meant to you couldn't have been involved and it's not an album I've put together, it's an EP. I only had two songs in my mind and I wanted them recorded and released as part of my bucket list, so the other two songs are covers."

He decides to let it slide, "I guess that makes sense, did you have any help from the others?"

"Only Uncle Freddie and Bowie, I needed a pianist and Bowie provided the backing vocals. They'll both be listening to the radio and so will Brian and Deaky, I asked them to make sure they listened though they don't know why."

Before she can continue the current song finishes, "Happy Fathering Sunday everyone. The next track is a brand new release, this song was written and sung by Alice Taylor, eldest daughter of Queen drummer Roger Taylor. It is Alice's present to her dad for father's day, I've already heard a snippet of this song and it is rather touching, makes me think of my little girl. So here it is for the first time, Daddy's Little Girl by Alice Taylor."

Alice moves to cuddle into his side while he listens intently to the words, but watches his face for reactions to the words.

Hearing it finished like that makes her emotional, she can tell her dad is too though he won't admit it, "What do you think?"

Roger clears his throat, kissing her hair, "Beautifully written. I love it. You've been hiding that voice."

She shrugs, "Never really had the confidence to just go for it till until then."

"When does the second single get released?"

"Sometime in December to get the Christmas sale rush and the CD and vinyl gets released too but..." Alice reaches for the card and gift she left at the end of the bed, "You get the first copy."