Beginning and Ending

Another update today instead of tomorrow because it is of course Roger Taylor's Birthday.

Alice yawns as she comes downstairs and she stops in the kitchen doorway, wondering if she's seeing this right, "Daddy? Are you cleaning?"

The house looks spotless which isn't normal and Roger is in the kitchen wiping over the kitchen counters, "Yes, Dominique is coming round remember?"

"No, you didn't tell me that," Alice frowns, she'd definitely remember that conversation.

"Didn't I?" Roger frowns, looking up at her.

The second date had gone well and now he's ready for Dominique to meet Alice, properly this time, "Oh well, she's coming to meet you, go and get changed she'll be here soon."

She races back upstairs to get out of her pyjamas and wake Biscuit up from his nap. Sundays are their lazy day and she doesn't usually get out of her pyjamas, "Come on lazy boy," Biscuit pops his head up, "Daddy's girlfriend is coming over, so we have to look extra cute."

Grabbing Biscuits brush, she brushes his fur out and puts on the bow tie collar he has before she gets changed. She was brushing her hair when there's a knock at the front door signalling Dominique arrive, Alice has finally grown a decent amount of hair back that she doesn't have to wear her wig anymore.

She hears her dad talking and goes back downstairs Biscuit following her this time, "Oh here they are," Roger smiles as the pair enter the room, "You already know Alice but this is Biscuit."

"Lovely to see you again, Alice and it's nice to meet you, Biscuit," Dominique gives the retriever a fuss so of course, he is her friend from the off.

Alice didn't really know what to say but luckily Dominique remembers something that Roger told her, "So your dad tells me your a keen photographer, a good one too. Can I see your work?"

"Yeah," Alice grins, running upstairs to get her photo album and is straight back down. Roger leaves them to get on while he finds his shoes and jacket.

Dominique takes the album flicking through, "Wow, Alice these are incredible. I can't believe some of these were taken with a Polaroid, I love this one," She points to the Polaroid of Freddie sat in front of the mirror backstage at the Rainbow.

"That's my favourite too. With a Polaroid but this is my best photo," Alice finds the photo from her nightlife walk with Brian. It's of a badger.

"Now that's a good capture

"Now that's a good capture. You'd make a brilliant wildlife photographer when you're older."

"I want to be a tour photographer for Queen."

Dominique can easily picture it, "That sounds like a good plan. With a talent like yours, you'll do well in any field."

"Can I ask you something?" Alice asks, checking to make sure her dad is still upstairs.