Different Lives

A bit of explaining is needing before we get into this chapter. So in the movie timeline is wrong when it comes to the band's break up and when I Want to Break Free comes out. The next two chapters link together and I'll be following the real Queen timeline, but The Works tour does not happen in this story.

I hope that makes sense, it will hopefully become clear after these two chapters.

*Warning this chapter contains homophobic language*

March 1984

The 21st of May 1982 saw the release of the Hot Space album, the 27th of February 1984 saw the release of The Works album and the beginning of September 1983 saw Alice start in Year 9.

It's Alice's 14th birthday and after finish school, she's heading to the studio her dad told her to meet at. They're filming the video to I Want to Break Free.

She knows they're dressing up in drag but she was not expecting her dad to be dressed the way he is. "Dad?!" She cringes at the sight.

"What do you think?" Roger chuckles.

"You look too much like a real girl, please tell me that's not my uniform?"

"Of course it isn't," Alice is relieved by his answer but she wished he's stopped there, "Yours was too small."

"Dad!" She blushed, "You're so embarrassing. How much longer are you going to be, cause I need to go home and get ready."

"What for?" Brian butts in as he walks past the pair.

Alice took a moment to look her uncle over, "Molly has a date planned for my birthday tonight."

"We're nearly done, don't worry," Roger assures her.

------

The next day turned out to be very eventful. "Hey Adam, where's Molly?" Alice smiles, walking into her tutor room that morning.

"Hello my blonde beauty, I haven't seen her yet. How's was your birthday date with Molly?" Adam loves the fact that Alice and Molly are dating.

"It was lovely but that's all you get to know," She teases sitting beside him, with no intention of spilling the beans on her love life, "I love your hair by the way, did you do that last night?"

His once brown hair is now jet black and suits him to a T, "I did, thank you. I do love it, I...oh no," His face drops staring at the door.

Alice turns as Molly walks in eyes puffy and red, she keeps her head down until she reaches her friends, "Molly, what's happened?" Alice pulls her girlfriend into a hug and she cries into her shoulder.

"They've kicked me out," She sobs.

"Who?"

"My parents, they found out about last night, me being gay and our relationship."

"Bastards," Adam curses under his breath. That is the best way to describe Molly's parents, they are very old fashioned, religious and homophobic.

They hate all of Molly's friends for different reasons but Adam and Alice they hate most, Adam because he's gay and Alice because she's gay and her dad is part of Queen, which they quoted as 'A homophobic, unnatural sounding band, lead by a gay immigrant'.

"They said I can go back after school to get my things but that's it, they've disowned me. What am I going to do?" Molly looks to her friends for help, "If I call social services I'll go into foster care, they could move me from this school and I'd never see you guys again. I..." The school bell rings signalling it's time to go to their first class.