Surgery

Apologises for the day late update, I was out all day yesterday and I was meant to say in the last update but I forgot.

While Alice is watching some TV downstairs, Roger takes some time to practise on the drums and start getting himself into shape for the band's upcoming tour.

He hadn't realised how late is it was until Alice came in to say goodnight. She climbs onto his lap, "It's half-past seven, my bedtime."

"Already?" Roger huffs, catching his breath glancing at the clock on the wall, "So it is. Have you had something to eat, Monkey?"

"I had a yoghurt and some grapes."

"That's it? Alice, we've talked about this, you need to eat more," Loss of appetite is the other main side effect of her chemo treatment, despite the loss in appetite, her stomach is still distended from the tumour.

"But I'm not hungry. Doctor Melrose said my appetite might come back after my surgery, you'll stay with me right?"

"Of course I will," Alice's surgery is tomorrow and there's no way he's leaving that hospital until he knows Alice is out of surgery and safe. He'll be bored out of his mind with not a lot to do, but he doesn't care.

"If you get hungry in the night, don't be afraid to go down to the kitchen and get something. Now give us a squeeze before bed."

She wraps her arms around him, "Eww, your all sweaty."

He chuckles locking his arms around her so she can't move, "Oh, well it's a shame I can't move my arms to let you go. You'll have to stay in my sweaty hold forever unless you can figure out the release key."

"Daaad," She groans, trying to get free giggling, "It's my bedtime."

"That's differently not the key, try again," He smirks, intending to play this out.

Sighing she plays along, thinking what the key could be, it takes her a moment but then she reaches up to kiss his cheek.

He relaxes his arms kissing her cheek in return, "See you found the key. Goodnight, Monkey." Slipping off his lap, she happily skips from the room.

------

Alice chats with Hazel while waiting for Doctor Melrose to come and talk to them. Hazel hasn't seen Alice's new wig until now, "It's so pretty, I love the colours underneath," Hazel compliments playing with it, "I feel quite lucky that I haven't lost any of my hair but if I had I definitely would have got one like yours."

"My uncle got it from me. I love wearing it."

"You do need to take it off for your surgery though," Roger reminds her.

Groaning, Alice pouts slipping the wig off her head and puts it back in the box, "What was the eye laser like? Were you awake?"

"Nope, they put me to sleep, I didn't feel a thing. I have just two more laser treatments then it's 10 more weeks of chemo."

"Lucky, I have to have 28 weeks of chemo after."

"It could go down after the surgery," Melrose interjects entering the room, "Good morning Mr Taylor, Alice how are you feeling this morning?"

Alice shrugs going quiet, Melrose is used to this by now, it's a sign that she's scared, "There's nothing to be worried about. In a few moments I will administer the sedation and you'll start to few a little drowsy but don't fight it, let it do its work. The surgery will be around three hours but for you, it will feel like you've been asleep for only a minute. The more we can remove during surgery the less chemo treatment you'll have to have after."