America

"Right, is that everything?" Brian asks Alice putting the last top in her suitcase.

"Think so," She grabs the list they made from the side, "Clothes?"

"Check."

"Pyjamas?"

"Check."

"Socks and underwear?"

"Check."

"Shoes?"

"Check."

"Camera you brought me?" He wants Alice to have something to do while they're in America to stop her from getting bored, so he brought her a Polaroid camera and an empty scrapbook.

"Check."

"Bunny?"

"Check... oh wait," Brian looks about the room taking the toy off her bed, "We leave without him and we'll never hear the end of it. Shall I put him in the suitcase so you don't lose him?"

She hums thinking about it, "No, I'll put him in my backpack. I don't want him to suffocate in the suitcase." The guitar laughs under his breath, she takes the rabbit and stuffs it in her backpack. He's not entirely sure that's much different from the suitcase but it is only a stuffed toy so he doesn't point it out.

Zipping up the suitcase he puts it by the front door with his suitcase and passports.

They go down to Roger room finding him pulling clothes from his drawers and shoving them in the suitcase, grunting when he has to push it down to zip it up.

"Do you want a hand daddy?" She runs over to sit on top.

Brian shakes his head wondering how his friend has survived all these years, "Did your mum never teach you how to pack a suitcase?"

"Shut up Brian," He retorts zipping it up with Alice's help, "Is your stuff packed Ally?"

"Yes, Uncle Bri packed mine."

"Good, bedtime then," Roger follows her out the room, "We have to be up early in the morning, go do your teeth then I'll come and read you a story."

Teeth brushed Alice was pulling her pyjama top on when Roger comes in, picking her up with an aeroplane and tucks her in, grabbing a story from the bookshelf before sitting on the bed beside her.

Getting to the end of the book Alice is asleep so he puts the book back on the shelf, "Dad?" She murmurs hearing him turn the lamp off.

"Yeah?" He goes back to the crouching beside it to see her eyes.

"Love you."

Heart soaring, he runs his fingers through her hair, kissing her temple, "Love you too, Monkey. Goodnight."

------

A tired Alice is a moody Alice, like most things she takes after her dad when it comes to sleep but they cannot miss this flight. Brian manages to get her to eat some toast while Roger got ready then the drummer gets Alice changed while Brian gets ready.

She was falling asleep as he dressed her and he ends up giving up trying to keep her awake. Brian takes his and Roger's cases while Roger carries Alice on his hip and her case down to the taxi when it arrives.

Taking Alice from him, John clips her into the car seat at the back next to him and Veronica. Veronica and Mary aren't coming on the tour but they're coming to the airport to see them off.

Roger and Brian sit up front talking to Paul, after stopping to pick up Mary and Freddie, they head to the airport.

Alice has never been on a plane so Roger is curious to see how she handles it. She doesn't seem nervous sleeping soundly the entire journey, head on John's arm but as soon as they start walking through the airport, her back on Roger's hip it's a different story.