Wedding Day

Hi guys, sorry so I'm late. I've had the day from hell with my car and I've been beyond stressed. It's a long story and too long to put here but most things seem to be sorted now.

On a happier note, Happy Birthday to Joe Mazzello.

September 1990

It's the night before Rami and Lucy's wedding and Hazel and Alice are spending the night at Lucy and Rami's flat to help Lucy get ready tomorrow. Rami is spending the night with his parents and will get ready there.

"Are you sure you don't want to be a bridesmaid?" Lucy asks Alice for the second time since she got there, "We can nip to a shop in the morning a get you a dress similar."

Alice gives a firm "No", Lucy asked her a few months ago but she turned down the offer and she's glad she did. Her appearance has deteriorated some more, her skin has become dull, her eyes have days where they appear bloodshot and with the oxygen tube attached to her nose, "I hardly look like a bridesmaid and it's certainly not something I want to be photographed. Besides, I'm your photographer instead."

"Alright," Lucy gives in, "But you are going to be in the photos because if this is the last time you're going to be at a big event like this then I want the photos to look back on."

"Too right," Hazel agrees, "Though I hope you'll still be here in April."

"Of course, I have a new little brother or sister to meet in March. Why?" Alice eyes her friend excitedly, "Are you and Joe tying the knot too?"

"No but you girls are going to be aunties," Hazel beams, rubbing her hand over her stomach.

Lucy and Alice squeal, "You're pregnant!"

"It's early days but yes, I'm four weeks."

"I'll be here in April, don't worry. Does Joe know?"

"Yes, but we're keeping it quiet until I'm further along and you have to keep this to yourselves for now."

"Your secret is safe with us Hazel," Lucy assures her.

Alice was up first the next morning, getting ready before anyone else so she can be ready to take photos without worrying about getting dressed. She stood looking at herself in the mirror for a while.

She was in her own world until Lucy comes into the mirror's view beside her and wraps her arms around Alice's shoulders, "You look so pretty

She was in her own world until Lucy comes into the mirror's view beside her and wraps her arms around Alice's shoulders, "You look so pretty. Oh, wait," Lucy pulls away, grabbing Alice's camera and takes a photo of the two of them in the mirror, "My god I wish there was something the doctors could do for you. Rami is so upset to be..."

"No," Alice interrupts her firmly, "That is not what today is about. It's yours and Rami's wedding day, not a day for sadness. The only tears I want to see today are tears of happiness because if I get the smallest hint that people are thinking about my illness on a day that's about you two then I'll never forgive myself and I'll go home."