Grief

Alice didn't join Queen for the remainder of the Magic Tour, she barely left her room and when she does Dominique nor Felix can get a word out of her. She goes for days at a time without food or showering.

So it was a big surprise when Alice turns up at the Knebworth Park gig, dressed, showered and camera bag on her shoulder.

"Alice," John's jaw drops as she enters the dressing room. He's the only one in the room, Freddie, Roger and Brian are still doing some last-minute checks on stage.

"Hi Uncle Deaks," She mutters quietly but not really looking at him.

"You sure you should be here?" He pulls her into a hug she clearly needs, "You don't have to be, we understand you need time to grieve."

"I just needed to get out the house," She shrugs.

It's then that Brian, Freddie and Roger come back from the stage, "Alice, what are you doing here?" Roger frowns, both surprised and concerned that she should not be back at work yet.

"Nice to feel wanted," She whispers, putting her bag on the sofa beside her and takes out her camera setting it up.

"Hey," Brian hugs her trying to reassure her, "You know we're always happy to have you around but your still grieving."

"I know but as I told Uncle Deaky, I needed to get out of the house and with it being the last gig for this tour I thought I'd come and do my job. Molly would want me too."

"Well as Brian said, we're happy to have you lovie," Freddie smiles, "You're an official part of the Queen crew now."

"Oh, I was meant to ask. You guys don't have to but I know it would mean a lot to Molly, Adam's parents asked me to invite you to the funeral on Monday."

Exchanging silent looks of agreement, Brian replies for them, "Of course we'll be there."

"Molly was as much a part of the Queen family as you are. I'm glad you're here," Roger kisses her temple, he's still concerned that she isn't ready to be back yet but if this is what his daughter needs to do to grieve, then he'll be there to hold her when she breaks.

------

The day before Molly's funeral Alice went over to Adam to help him sort Molly's room. They know Molly would want her stuff split between her friends. They created a box for each friend.

They barely say a word to each other as they sort through everything, but being in each others company is comforting for them. They miss Molly more than anyone.

Alice keeps most of Molly's clothes for herself though some things she does put aside for Hazel and Lucy to look through. Photos are split between the boxes depending on who Molly is with in the photo.

She also finds Molly's black cat necklace and links it around her neck with her own necklace, "How are your parents taking it?"

"Their coping," Adam shrugs looking down at a photo of him and Molly before high school started, "but Molly was the daughter they never had, they miss having her around and so do I."

"Me too. Do they know?" Alice refers to Molly's biological parents.

It took Adam a moment to know what she's on about but it eventually clicks, "Oh, them. Yes, they know. They didn't seem to care though."

"No, they probably think she deserved it," She mutters, staring at a photo of her and Molly from the night at the party when they admitted having feelings for each other. They were sat on the swing and it's Adam that took the picture, "This seems like a lifetime ago."