Come Back

Happy Birthday, John Deacon, wherever you are I hope you know how truly incredible you are 🎉🎂🎸

April 1985

"Hey!" Adam runs down the school hall to catch up with Alice, Hazel and Lucy, "Did you hear Molly got sent home?"

"Again?" Alice frowns, they head out of the school towards the gate.

"That's the third time this week," Hazel states.

"Was it for the same thing?" Lucy asks but Rami and Joe interrupt her reply.

"Hey, guys, what's happening?" Joe grins, slipping a hand into Hazel's.

"Hey, Joe, Rami. Adam was just saying that Molly got sent home again," Alice chuckles inwardly, Joe is always far too happy for this world.

"Her migraines again?" Rami asks Lucy's question slinging an arm around Lucy's shoulder. He finally plucked up the courage to ask her out at the beginning of the school year and they make a cute couple.

"Yeah, mum says if it continues she'll call the doctor," Adam confirms their questions, "Hopefully they can get them under control before we start exam year in September."

"I'd come over and see how she is but there's a band meeting at Miami's office and for some reason, dad says he wants me to be there," Alice wants to see her girlfriend, make sure she's alright but she promised her dad she'd be there.

"Don't worry, I'll tell Molly." They all go their separate ways to get home, Alice catching the tube to the office.

A woman at reception shows her to Miami's office when she gets there. Alice likes Miami, he's fun to tease and has become another uncle to her.

"So why am I here? Have you finally come to your senses and realised you need me in the band?" She grins, taking a seat beside John.

"No," Miami rolls his eyes, chuckling, "It is about getting the band back together."

"You sure because I can sing or I can take Brian's place I can play the guitar?"

"Not a chance," Brian laughs, "Just remember who taught you, Ally."

"Alice, shut up," Roger silences his daughter, "What's going on is we want to get Freddie back for the live aid gig."

"That charity gig thing," Alice has heard about the gig and is dying to go so she can take photos, "What have I got to do with it?"

"We want you to go with Mary and try to convince him to come back," John pipes up.

"What makes you think I'll be any help?" She hasn't spoken to her uncle since she called him a hypocrite.

"We know that the words you said last year settled some guilty and doubt in his mind and we hope that seeing you might help him to realise the truth," Miami continues, "There will be something in it for you if you can get him home."

"Oh yeah, what's that?"

Miami holds up a V.I.P pass, "The chance for you to be Queen personal photographer on the day and V.I.P passes for your friends."

"Cool. Okay, but when am I going?" She doesn't care that this is a bribe, she'll take it.

"Tomorrow after school once you finish for the Easter holidays, you'll fly out with Mary."

------

Molly hadn't been at school again the next day, Adam said that his mum has given her the day off and they're going to the doctor that afternoon.