Chapter 17 : Interlude! The Cake that changes the plot.

After the hard-fought battle, and helping Iida out. Izuku and Todoroki is going to visit Rei Todoroki, Shoto's mother. Shoto and Izuku are both in their casual clothes, making their way towards the hospital.

"Midoriya,apparently all of my family wanted to meet you, even my father." said Todoroki as he gritted his teeth at the last part.

Izuku just turned towards him "Why? Did he want to take a swing at me? I'd love to spar against him!" said Izuku as the two approached the hospital.

*Inside the hospital

Izuku and Shoto walked up to the receptionist "Ah! You must be Todoroki, your mother missed you very much. Here, take the elevator to the 5th floor . It's the room 513." said the nurse as Shoto nodded.

"And you..." continued the nurse as she looked at Izuku from top to bottom "Must be his friend! Any chace you're single? We also offer massages here, maybe you're pretty sore after the sports festival." the nurse said in a sly tone as she handed Izuku a coupon about the massage with her number on the back. 

Izuku just took the coupon 'Mom'll like this, maybe she should come sometimes. Why is there a number on the back? Is that a heart?' as he thanked the nurse and followed Todoroki into the elevator.

"Soooo uh, How much can you lift?" asked Shoto. Izuku was surprised at the question.

"Huh? I mean, at least this?" said Izuku as he just lifted Shoto off the ground. Shoto was surprised at Izuku's strength as he hangs from Izuku's arm.

'So is this what having an actual father is like, neat' thought Shoto as Izuku put him down.

The two then walked out the elevator and down the hall to their destination: Room 513

*knock Knock

"Come in!" can be heard from the other side.

Shoto looked at Izuku who gives him a thumbs up, before opening the door to see his mother.

"Mother... It has been a while" said Shoto as he looked at his mom. Shoto's mom then turned around to see her son.

"I saw the sports festival, Shoto. That was a good performance you showed." said Shoto's mom as she patted her son's head.

She then saw Izuku as he stood there, and her cheeks turned a bit red "Oh, uh, oh my, You must be Izuku Midoriya. Heh, I'm pleases to meet the person who helped my son."

Izuku nodded and walked close "Hello, Mrs Todoroki."

Shoto's mother shook her head "No no no, you can call me Rei, Rei is better.".

Shoto was surprised at this, his mother usually doesn't do this but he'll trust Izuku. Shoto turned to Izuku and gave him a nod.

"Ah, well. Rei-san, it's nice to meet you. Would you like some cake?" said Izuku as he held a bag with a box of cakes inside that All Might helped him picked.

"I'd love that, so Shoto, tell me about school and what has happened." Rei looked at her son, as Izuku was looking  over the cakes that All Might picked.

"Well, where should I start?" Shoto thought as he picked up a cake that has some frosting on it.

-About 15 Minutes of stories and Izuku spacing out about cakes later-

"Wow, U.A. really don't mess around. Still Midoriya-kun, I can't believe that you'd risked everything for my dear Shoto." asked Rei as she bit into her cake.

Izuku looked up from whatever he was looking at "Well, I just didn't want Todoroki to just lock himself up like that. I really wanted him to become the person he wants to be, and he's super strong!" as he then saw a bit of cream stuck on Rei's cheek.