Fates Cruel Punishment

A shimmering river glittering in the sunlight, a family of three: a son, a father, and a mother all enjoying their time together. Smiling and laughing any worries away, as night begins to fall on the lovable trio.

They begin to pack up their supplies when something happens. A sudden stir in the forest causes the attention of the father to pull out his stone sword, carefully withdrawing it from its sheath.
He gazes into the black abyss of the trees as the noise seems to draw nearer. The boy and mother stay behind the protective tall man as they all wait for the noise to cease.

Out of nowhere, an arrow shoots by the fathers face and grazes his cheek as he yells to his wife,
"GET TOMMY OUT OF HERE!!"

The woman obeys his abrupt command and begins scurrying away from the side of the river, tears welding up in her eyes. She hears a shrivel scream and tears fall down her face,  trickling to the grass beneath her feet.

She continues to run and run until she spots two horses, one with a beautifully chocolate brown coat and another with a blonde creamy coat.
She sets her son down on the chocolate brown coat and hears a low growl a few feet away.

She immediately starts whispering to her son, wanting to get her last words in.
Her heart wrenches at the thought of this being her final goodbye to her son, but what did she expect?

It was 3:00 AM the witching hour.

She had stayed up too long and the guilt and regret washed over her.
She expected that her husband was well aware of this and that he had a plan but he wasn't aware of the dangers one little bit.

She let the miserable truth sink into her. She was going to die here tonight, and she knew it. She just wanted to say she loved her boy one last time.

"Listen Tommy, I'm afraid our paths will no longer intertwine with each other, but remember my songbird, I will always love you, now ride on this stead to the nearest village you can find. NEVER stop running! Now go!"

She signaled for the stead to giddy up, and he took off towards east, away from the forest.
The last thing that little boy saw was his mother's corpse torn limb from limb, a scream escaping from her lips before she gave her final breath.

Her son just screamed as the horse sped up faster, the kid arguing to go back. He tried grabbing the reins but the horse wouldn't let him. Soon, the forest faded away, the starry night painting the new view.

The boy gazed up into the sphere and saw the calming glow it emitted. Something inside of him wanted to scream and kick, another wanted to sob and just drown into the black abyss of his mind.

There was something certain that he knew, something that faith had told him on that very tragic day. A saying he called it, a reminder.

It was never meant to be

——————-
Hello Everyone! Thanks for reading this first chapter!

I will be posting more throughout the week and will keep updating this story as much as possible.

Thank you to all the other SBI Royal AU stories that have inspired me to start my own! I appreciate it!

Have a great day/night, make sure to drink plenty of water and have three meals a day. Get a good night's sleep unless you wanna stay up ;)