RUN

Shit! Damn amber or whatever it's called!

He reached in once more for the jewel and bounced it back and forth between his hand as he placed it in his bag.

He sighed in relief but heard those familiar heavy footsteps. He felt terrified, not like usual.

All his bad thoughts were coming to him, every negative began crowding his mind as he bolted in a random direction away from the threatening noise.

"STOP YOU LITTLE SHIT! I'M GONNA GET YOU!" screamed one of the guards. He was recognized but just kept running down the various hallways and doors that popped up.

His instinct and adrenaline were the things keeping him going as he sped up with each step.

He kept on running through the castle until there were guards in front and behind him.

He was on the edge of the fourth floor with no escape. His adrenaline was starting to wear off, his breaths becoming more shaky. He took a big gulp and looked at the full grown men in front of him.

This was a terrible idea.. He thought.

He looked around for anything to help. He clutched the sack in his hand as his eyes continued bolting around the room, the guards inching their way closer.
His eyes finally landed on something.

However it was a big risk.

He decided to take the risk as death was better than jail to him.

He turned his back to the guards as he inched closer to the edge. He focused all his concentration on his next move.

His surroundings became quiet, his breath was more focused, his eyes bulging with determination for his next step. The voices of the men seemed more distant than ever.

The only sound he could clearly hear was the echo of his footsteps against the floor made of quartz.
He inched way closer until his tiptoes met with the cobblestone railing.

He hopped on top and looked in front of him. There was a glistening chandelier right in front of him.
It was lit with candles, so burning himself was expected.

He looked back at the guards then gave a little salute. He then turned back around and he jumped. He gripped his hand around the golden rim. He saw the candle near him and was careful when pulling himself up to the chain holding up the lighting.

As soon as he was on top, reality sunk back into him. He saw the villagers' shocked faces gazing up at him. The guards were stunned and were just left speechless.

He left out a deep sigh and looked around again.
He looked up and down.
He decided to use the chain to climb up to the next floor.

He carefully wrapped his feet around the metal and then shuffled up using his hands. When he reached the next floor, he was panting with exhaustion.

This was one of the longest runs he had ever experienced.

The footsteps drew nearer however so he only got a minute of rest.

He continued running, his legs becoming engulfed in agony. He felt so sore and tired.

Just when he thought he got away, he bumped into someone, well actually he bumped into two people.

One had light pink hair tightly tucked into a braid. He had tusks at each corner of his mouth, he had hooves for feet, and was wearing a red cape.

A golden crown rested on top of his head as his lifeless eyes stared down onto Tommy. His glance struck pure terror into Tommy as his limbs began to twitch.

He soon realized that he was starting to have a panic attack, or worse.

He was starting to let his insanity take over.

He needed to get away but his feet were rooted to the spot. He looked at the other guy.

He seemed different.

He had curly, fluffy, brown hair. He was wearing a brown coat, along with a weird hat on top of his head.

In Tommy's opinion, his head reminded him of those things that chickens pooped out.

Suddenly, a monotone voice interrupted his thoughts.

"I suggest you return those," Tommy looked back at the pink-haired guy and stared up into the emotionless eyes.

He immediately looked away and backed up slowly. His breathing became hitched and shaky and he was losing his balance.

He was starting to lose his will to battle the contradicting thoughts and feelings in his head.

He would slowly regret his next action as he gripped his hand around a familiar steel handle.

He took it out in front of him and it revealed to be the smooth diamond dagger.

He soon let himself be engulfed in fear, and let himself run a rampage.

He let himself go insane.

———————————
Hello! I apologize if this chapter was short, I was really wanted to get on to the next chapter because I had so many ideas. Thank you for reading!

Remember, drink plenty of water, eat three meals a day, and get a good night sleep. Unless you wanna stay up ;)