Welcome to the World!

"HEY! GET BACK HERE BRAT" a skinny, agitated old man started cursing, mad that his weekly fruit were just stolen by a shoeless 13 year old boy in a ragged cloak and ripped pants.

Tommy just snickered and kept running through the bustling streets of the Antarctic Kingdom.
This was a fun place to be. He had only arrived two days ago and was enjoying his time so far.

He began twisting down each narrow pathway he could find, getting more of an idea of the layout.

As he was running, he heard heavy footsteps behind him, some metal clanking that seemed to be drawing closer and faster then he anticipated.

Those guys again? Really...?
HA!!

The highlight of his last two days were always escaping those pesky men in metal clothes, tripping them up and always taking something fun hanging around on their belts like keys, coins, or even sometimes weapons.

Taunting them by goofing off they followed him towards a high stone wall. They were in between two wooden cottages and intended to finally punish that kid for all the trouble he's given them for the past 48 hours.

They slowly inched their way to him as he scratched his head and turned his head toward them. He didn't look scared or even terrified though. He just simply grinned and began mocking them. That angered one of them as he rushed towards the 13 boy at full speed. The kid swiftly moved out of the way and let the guard crash into the wall.

"Haha! That's the best you guys got?" He smirked.

Another one drew his sword from his sheath and charged towards Tommy as well. Tommy just continued smirking and gracefully dodged their poorly attempted attacks.

"Seems like you bitches need some training" he commented throughout the brawl.

Like a jackrabbit, he quickly jumped up onto one guard and hopped off his helmet onto the wall.
He found his footing and began climbing the jagged and rocky ledge. He eventually made his way on top.
He then waved and held up a potato sack.

"Thanks for letting me off on this one guys!"
He mocked.

The guards groaned and without thinking he jumped down on the other side only to land in a trash can welcoming him.
He groaned as he dusted himself off, finding a few spec of rotten food in his hair.

He then walked into the new street that greeted him and made his way through the crowd, pulling on his cloak so that he wouldn't be spotted or recognized by the boring and rude people of this empire.

He hadn't done anything too bad to be recognized by everyone but a few vendors were aware of his presence. Some jewelry owner was also aware of his existence and locked up his shop extra tight every night. It didn't matter though since Tommy could just lock pick it.

He wanted to be careful though as to not attract to much attention. He had only been for a few days, he still needed to figure out the layout of this whole place before he did anything big to catch the attention of the public.

He finally wandered away from the crowd and climbed his way on top of a high and abandoned rooftop. It had a stolen rug on the floor and some clay pots were off to the side, each one containing some food, stolen money, or things that just looked valuable to him.

Fate had robbed him of his most prized possession, so why not return the favor?

For the last 9 years, this is what he's been doing, this is his ordinary. Taking what isn't his.

When he had first tried it out, he really didn't enjoy it. Everyone yelling at him, people calling him rude names. But the more he did it, the more he got used to it. Soon it became his daily routine, he sometimes even called it a hobby, something he did for fun.

Messing around with the law of order was something that always entertained him. It even boosted his ego a bit. The frustration writtten all over their faces seemed to always bring a sense of pleasure to him.

But there a feeling deep down inside that nagged at him quietly. It just kept tugging and tugging at him and wouldn't stop. It poured some of its negatives into his head. It was always the same line over and over again.

He deserved to die. A little reminder he told himself every night. For 5 minutes straight he would repeat the phrase over and over in his head. He never denied it but he never could really accept it either.

He was supposed to die along side his parents, he was supposed to cross to the other side with them. Yet somehow, he survived.
He realized that his life would never be the same.

Orphanages shut him out, people refused to give him shelter without money.
This made him pretty lonely with no friends or family to go to.

This caused his mental health to suffer tremendously. He sometimes would get panic attacks some night and other nights he would ramble on about the what if's of life. Only a few times though did he actually harm himself with a blade he had stolen from a guard that day.

On and on he went, every part of his mind fading away and causing him to sometimes go insane. His insanity only happens a few times though so it was pretty rare.

During this period without thinking he would do all kinds of things. It would make him injure, it would make him suffer, and worst, it would make him kill somebody. It would drive him out of his right mind and would cause a lot of jerking and twitching, until he would collapse out of exhaustion.

When he woke up, all the memories of what had happened would flood back in and he would start to cry or even scream sometimes out of pure terror. This pain was something that had always scarred him for life and had grown due to the loss of his one and only family.

He could never go back to his ordinary life even if he wanted to, and he knew it.
Sometimes he thought about killing himself about maybe crossing over to the other side himself but didn't think his parents would want that.
What if they did though? Did they really love him? He was never sure. They were gone and he was alone.

Nobody care about a worthless, pathetic, and weak Tommy. Nobody cared about a piece of shit like him. Nobody in the world cared.
That's the cruel reality he just had to face. That was the painful truth that he had been shown at four years old.

He was alone forever and for all eternity.....

———————
Thank you guys for reading! I really appreciate it! Thank you again to all tue stories that have inspired me to start this book! Anyway I forgot to mention Tommy's age in the first chapter but he was 4 years old when his parents were killed.

Anyway hope you enjoy! Have a good day/night and remember, drink plenty of water, eat three meals a day, and get a good nights sleep, unless you wanna stay up ;)