Unknown Origin

Standing there at the peak of the volcano, Dream looked at Techno, smirking under the mask.

"My, my, your kingdom is really determined to win, I wonder where they got all that motivation,"

Techno sat there a bit shocked.

Sure he had expected a battle but not this soon and they were coming today.
Hearing a pair of footsteps come up, Dream immediately moved like a snake twisting the victims arm behind there back.

"Ow! Dream! It's me! Sapnap dude!" He yelled, Dream sighing and standing back up, not even bothering to help him back up.

Cupping his hands, a box suddenly appeared in front of him, a dim glow shining through the cracks. He turned around to face Techno.

"Do you know what this is?" He asked, Techno looking uninterested and yawning as Dream rolled his eyes at his bored face.

"You must remember that day yes? That day...when Tommy went missing?"

Techno perked up and stood up, Dream looking pleased now that he was engaged in the conversation.

"And what about that day?" He growled. "When I stole this," He opened the box and Techno's eyes widened at the gem inside.

"The Phoenix Gem...what do you plan to do with that?" He asked, Dream just laughing.

"Surely you know that Tommy is the descendant of the Phoenix, or even suspected such things.." He began, Techno slowly nodding along.

I knew...I just didn't know if it was true...

He thought, Dream seeing the hesitation in Techno's eyes.

"Oh? So you didn't know? Or you didn't see all the clues? My you really are getting slower.
Not like the old days huh Blade?" He said, Techno growling in a low tone.

"Watch your mouth, you're the one who had to rely on a little girl's power in order to even beat me. How does it feel to know that a kid did better than you?" he sneered back, Dream scoffing at his remark and looking back at Sapnap.

"Go get George, we only have minutes to spare..." he ordered, Sapnap quickly obliging to his commands.

With the box in his hand, the lid opened, he reached his hand inside, surprising Techno as he threw himself onto the bars.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!?! THAT DAMN THING BURNS ANYBODY WHO TRIES TO TOUCH IT!!!" Techno yelled.

Despite his warning, Dream attempted to pick it up but immediately dropped it on the floor, a loud thud sounding at it hit the floor and bounced a bit.

The green man unsheathed his dagger and dug it a bit into the ground before ramming it into the bottom of the jewel and balancing it on the tip of his blade. Inspecting the gem closely, he began hysterically laughing, hissing with giggles that he couldn't contain.

Techno gripped the bars tighter, wondering what the hell was so funny about dropping a jewel.

"What's so funny? Someone invisible and tickling your feet?" Dream just smiled underneath as he touched the bottom of his mask and lifted it up.

Techno felt his blood run cold as he looked into his eyes, seeing the same bloody red curse in them. He knew those eyes better than anyone else.

The pupils darkened as Dream smirked prouder than he ever had.

Techno couldn't keep his own pupils off his eyes though.

He knew those things so well.
After all, he possessed them himself.