Dead.

There in the weeded garden, Lady Death herself sat at the bench.

Tommy's mind had begun to grow in the absence of his consciousness and was sprouting dandelions, crabgrass, thistle, and chick weed.

Very little color and only a pop of yellow here and there.

It brought back keen moments of the afterlife to her, and continued to forever haunt her heart as she continued to plague the pain with her presence.

The loneliness that death brings is something hard to describe, an author like me cannot put that pain into perspective.
I can take and compare similar experience however to my own and learn how to be able to connect the dots to form a realistic world of angst.

It was the feeling of silence, a weight that cracked through rock bottom and was an endless pit.

Like an introvert at the party, you don't know how to communicate or even begin to interact with others about what's happening.

She felt just that.

She felt alone despite the fact that she was surrounded by souls who had been in her position before.

She had fell into the endless pit of loneliness and had been swept up by her own demons.

The Grim Reaper is often shown as a skeleton with a black cloak, a scythe ready to harvest the souls, whether they were ready or not.

It is described to many as inhuman yet that's what confuses Death.

Because Life was once Death, and Death was once life.

Death was human before it died.
Life was nature before it lived.

"Such a fragile creature," She murmured as she cradled the tiny baby bird in her arms.

It's chest softly lifted up and down as it slept and flailed its wings around a bit. She softly vocalized a lullaby, as the song drifted the bird into a continuous slumber.

Her voice broke as tears rushed down her face and evaporated upon the baby bird's feathers.

She watched as her own son was beginning to wander into her grasp.

She had longed for years to hold him, comfort him, and be with him for the rest of her life.

Now, she had gotten her wish but not the one she had secretly held to her heart.

Her wish was life and she had gotten one. Life that was dying in her lullaby.
Life that was beginning to suffocate in her arms. Life that was struggling to hang on.

She had only herself to blame.

"I saw you~ standing near the trees...calling~ out, to me~~"
She began to sang, pausing as she took a shaky breath.

"T-the wind rejected your cries, the streams declined the pain, the Earth was not theonly one~ to feel you shake..."

Reaching deep into her vocal chords and summoning a sly rasp to add to her shaky breaths, her tears began to fall faster and faster onto the little phoenix and they all ended up extinguished.

"Was death the only one? To hear you break? Was life the only one...to i~gnore your fate? Hear my lullaby, as my arms shake...along~ with the heartbreak..."

"For years I have searched for your life~ but now that it dies here in my~ arms~ I can't help. But to begin to even grasp. You slipping away~ In the end, love meant nothing. Pain...was inevitable. This world. was not worth....Dying for~....."

Suspense.

That's how this lullaby ended.
That's how Tommy's world was.
That was an element that every book contains. An uncertain future.

Not even Lady Death wasn't sure what was to become of it.

"Tommy....please..." Dream begged as he watched the blonde begin to tear himself apart. "You can't stay here in my head forever, or else you won't be able to go back..."

"What are you talking about" Tommy asked.

"Your consciousness is in my head, soon your memories will morph into mine....and you will no longer be...Tommy."

What was truly dying?

Tommy?

Or Tommy himself?

————————————

I know I promised a second chapter today but unfortunately all I have to present to you guys is this one measley one.

I am gonna be taking a break for this entire writing and publishing a chapter a day because it was harder work than I originally published and the work I'm publishing is not in the quality I want it to be. (Even though it was only like for 3 days because I'm weak-)

I hope you all can understand.

Hope you guys still enjoyed and remember, drink plenty of water, eat three meals a day, and get a goodnights sleep, unless you wanna stay up ;)