Kind Soul

The town was bustling with villagers crawling all over the place. He tried finding the old man but none of the villagers' faces seemed familiar.

He sighed as he continued walking.

He searched all over the place. His legs were killing him as he finally stopped to rest.
He gazed around the market as the fresh fruits scent flooded into his nose.

He sniffed the delicious pastries in the air and his stomach began to rumble. He stood up and followed the scent to a certain bakery.

He opened the door and his mouth watered at all the fresh breads and sweet cakes displayed.

He looked at them all. The lady behind the desk welcomed him.

"Hello there, Welcome to the Bakery, find anything interesting?" She asked.

Tommy violently shook his head yes.

She chuckled.

He looked up at her and his eyes widened in shock. She was pretty tall, she also had some horns sticking out of her head. Her feet were hooves.

"Woah! You're a hybrid!" He exclaimed.

She nodded.

"Names Puffy, I'm at your service," she said.

Tommy smiled. He then looked at the treats then back out onto the streets.

"I'm sorry but, I can't afford anything...besides I have a task to do.." he apologized.

She just smiled at him.

"One moment please" she said as she took a box and placed treats inside.
She then sealed the box and handed it to Tommy.

"This is for you, feel free to give some to anybody else," she said.

Tommy grinned then thanked her and left with the box in his hands.

He walked down the streets continuously searching for the old man but couldn't find him. When he got to a certain part of the town, he looked around. People were sitting on the streets, they looked sick.

They begged for money and as Tommy crossed the streets he saw himself in those people.

One moment he was out here with them and then the next....

He towards the castle.

And then I was there....

He couldn't just stand by.

He opened the box Puffy had given him and he began taking out pastries, bread, and desserts.
He then began handing them out.

He gave some cakes there, breads there, and some pastries over there.

They all were grateful for his kindness and dug in. He smiled as he delivered a cake to the last person.
It was an old man.

He had a bushy mustache with some torn up clothing. Tommy stared deeper into the mans face and immediately recognized him.

He placed the cake down then immediately searched through his pockets.
He took out the leather pouch and handed it to him.

"This is yours.....I'm so sorry..." he said.
The old man just smiled.

"Thank you, young one..."

Tommy softly smiled then left the street.

He had done as Niki had asked and headed back to the castle. He strolled up the mountain and knocked on the big doors. Two guards opened it.

"Who are you and what do you want?"
Tommy tried opening his mouth to speak but the guards interrupted him.

"If you have business with the King I'm afraid he is busy, please, come back another time."
They slammed the door in his face.

He groaned as he laid on the grass just outside the building. He just laid there and waited.

Minutes turned into hours.
The sun was setting so Tommy knocked on the door again.

This time, Somebody else answered it.

"Hello- oh! Tommy! Come right in!" Wilbur opened the door and gestured Tommy inside.

Tommy went inside then took off his hood. He walked with Wilbur to the dining room.

"So you were out on a little errand" he asked.

"Yeah, Niki asked me to return something, so I did," He said.

"Why did you come back so late?" He asked.

Tommy didn't think it was that late but if Wilbur thought then...well ok?

"The guards wouldn't let me in, thought I was some stranger," he said. Wilbur chuckled a bit.

"Well I mean with that outfit I can probably see why," he said.

"We need to work on your sense of style, I can help," he offered. Tommy nodded.

He then remembered an offer he made not to long ago.

"Hey Wilbur, remeber when I offered to teach you guys pickpocketing?"
"Yes, indeed I do,"
"when do you think would be a good time?"
"Maybe tomorrow, we can ask Techno at supper,"
he suggested. Tommy smiled then nodded.

Wilbur pushed opened a door and Tommy saw both Phil and Techno eating supper.

He sat down in his chair and Wilbur sat down in his usual spot, next to Techno. Tommy sat down across from the two. He then ate his supper.

"Bey Fechno!" Tommy said with food in his mouth. "What?" He asked rather coldly.

Guess he still doesn't forgive me for the thing I don't even remember...

"Uh, are you free tomorrow?" Techno looked at him. "Why might you ask?" He said.

"Well I was wondering if you and Wilbur wanted to meet in the garden to learn pickpocketing, I did offer it to you guys, did I not?"

Techno looked back down at his plate.

"Fine," he said. Wilbur smiled and Tommy continued munching on his food.

Soon, bedtime came and Phil tucked Tommy in.

"I'm not a baby, I can go to sleep by myself.." he said. "I know, but I wanted to talk to you," he said.
Tommy just listened.

"Since your living with us, I thought I might hire someone help you learn about the world around you, how does that sound?" He asked.

Tommy thought for a moment.

"Sure," he responded. Phil patted his head.

"Night Kiddo," he said as he stood up and closed the door.

Tommy put his arms behind his head.
A million thoughts ran through his head.

I wonder what this person is like....

he wondered if he would finally be able to learn to read, to be able to figure out what math is. To learn what those colors in bushes are called. To finally be able to know what certain things are called and how to use them.

To finally be like other kids.

His eyes soon closed shut and he fell asleep.

For the first time, a warm smile appeared on his face.

For the first time after almost a decade, he finally felt happiness flood throughout him inside out.

—————————-
Posted on a Wednesday! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed!

Remember, drink plenty of water, eat three meals a day, and get a good nights sleep, unless you wanna stay up ;)