Puffy's Knowledge

Niki arose from her slumber, sweat dripping down her cheeks. She felt her head pounding and some bandages tucked around her neck.

She slowly sat up into a sitting position as she gazed at her surroundings. First off, she knew she was somewhere in the castle and that she was in one of the bedrooms.

She looked around and saw a table and some bookshelves to her left and an open window to her right.

In front of her were two chairs and on them were two familiar figures. She saw them softly stir and saw the ram open her eyes.

"P-Puffy?" She asked.

The ram stood up rather quickly and slowly made her way towards Niki's bed.

"N-Niki?" She asked, tears flooding down her cheeks.

"Y-your alive..." she bit her lip.
Niki raised an eyebrow.

"A-alive? What do you mean?" She asked.
Puffy just wrapped her arms around her friend and embraced her into a tight hug.

"Minx! She's awake!! She's alive!!" Puffy called out.

Minx opened her eyes and hers widened to see Niki staring at her. She immediately hugged her as well. Niki was trying to figure out why they were crying.

Why did she have these bandages? What did they mean she was alive?

"Guys?" She asked. They both loosened their grip and looked at her.

"Can someone please explain what the hell is going on?" She asked. She ripped off her bed covers and hung her legs over the bed.

"Y-you don't remember?" Puffy asked.
"No, I don't.." Niki said.

"You, me, and Tommy....the guards......explosions...the fire..." she said.

"I remember the guards ambushing but none of the other stuff.....but..." she paused.
Minx shifted uncomfortably and Puffy raised an eyebrow.

"Who is this Tommy person?" She asked.

Puffy froze and Minx felt her jaw drop.

"T-Tommy...that little boy that we helped.....that little boy that you...." Minx felt tears swell up in her eyes as she tried to process Niki's words.
Puffy just sat in disbelief.

"Stop joking! You know Tommy!" She raised her voice as she saw Niki shake her head.
"I-I'm being serious..." she said.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!!!" Minx just kept on rambling while Puffy let the words sink in.

"You don't remember?! You don't remember him trying the little red candy apple?! YOU DON'T REMEMBER HIS BEAMING FACE?!!??!"
Puffy screamed.

She calmed herself down as she saw the distress in Niki's face. She let the tears flood down her face as she quickly apologized.

"I'm sorry.." she knelt down while turning her face away from Niki.

"I'm sorry for my outburst it's just...." She felt a hand patting her head and looked up at Niki.

"It's okay Puffy....you're probably......j-just worried...." Niki had tears piercing the corner of her eyes as her friends just hugged her.

"We're just glad you're okay..." commented Minx.

Soon, a furry stepped through the door, a clipboard in his hands. Behind him was a familiar brunette.

"I'm sorry, I hope I'm not interrupting something..."  he said. They all looked over at him.