The Monster Is Me...

Drista had finally decided to tell them about the mousetrap they could be potentially dragged into. She knew they would be mad though, enraged that she didn't share such valid and important info to begin with or at least dropped some hints or say something. 

She decided to tell them during dinner and she threw her green cloak on, quickly exiting the door, scaring the maid a bit. She soon found her way to the dining room, taking her seat and quickly getting first grabs as the others weren't there yet. 

She first took two pieces of french toast and drizzled some syrup over them. She then took some hashbrowns and gobbled them down as well as the french toast. She then grabbed her glass of milk and dumped the liquid into her mouth. 

After finishing her food, she walked out into the training yard, on her way to pick up Purpled and the others for today's surveillance trip. She managed to find them and they all soon exited the Kingdom, walking to their usual scouting spot. 

They eventually arrived and settled in for the day to watch the people and the volcano.

 Today was one of the last days they would scout before being able to discuss with the rest of the empire and prepare for a battle that would determine the fate of everyone here. 

Drista had memorized each habit, each daily routine for the guards, today however was strange. Drista felt her heart sting as she saw her brother walk up, carrying fireworks on his back. She couldn't do anything to help him or else it would jeopardize the mission right then and there. She felt herself hold her breath as he climbed up the ladder, afraid of what he could be doing with those things. 

She heard every single firework go off, her brother's maniacal laughter echoing throughout the land. She couldn't hold it together and found herself collapsed onto her knees, stray tears falling, as she did her best to muffle her sobs of pain. 

Purpled sat next to her and just rubbed circles into her back as she silently cried, not being able to suppress her emotions any longer. Soon, Dream came down the ladder satisfied and even through her tears Drista noticed something strange. 

Her brother was holding a strange wooden box, and as he creaked it open a bit, a warm orange glow appeared on his mask for a moment before he shut it again, placing it in his inventory. He soon vanished, being taken away by the shadows themselves, leaving her questioning what was in the mysterious box. 

She looked at Purpled and found him frozen in place, eyes fixated on the place Dream disappeared from. 

"Purpled? Do you know something I don't?" she asked, looking up at him. 

Purpled looked at her then stared at the ground in silence, looking up at her once again.

 "I...think....I think I know what's in that box.."

 Drista saw him shake a bit, a shiver run down his spine as she read his eyes.

 "Nervous...questioning...worried...anxious..." She muttered, earning a weird glance from Purpled. 

"Uh, i'm sorry, what?" He asked. 

"Thats what your feeling right?" Purpled eyes widened a bit but then Drista tapped her eyes. "Tommy taught me a thing or two about reading someones eyes, remember?" she said, referring back to their meeting in the hallway and Purpled's story about his mother. 

Purpled dropped his head in defeat as Drista let out a light chuckle. Her face returned to a stern gaze however as she looked Purpled in the eyes once more.