Life and Death

"Tommy..."

Dream could practically see the green seething from himself as his word fell on Tommy's closed eardrums.

"Tommy...please...we have to do this now or else you're gonna die...."

Tommy stood up with his eyes soiled from his tears, lip slightly quivering.
What could a vulnerable kid do?

The Phoenix was dead.
His life was a complete lie.
The Phoenix was supposed to be dead.

The snowy cottage, the dying woman, the protective Phoenix...

What did it show?

What did it mean?

Questions unanswered, mind vulnerable, and blood shed, Tommy lifted himself to his feet.

He flicked the water that burst out his eyes and walked towards Dream, placing his hands on his rigid shoulders.

He saw the cries of pain emitting from Dream after each mindscape he went into.
He knew he was struggling to fight XD.

"The snow....that's where we need to go..." Tommy abruptly spoke, confusing Dream.

"The snow?"

"The snow."
He assured and walked through the wasteland.

Dream stood in place as Tommy continued to walk forward and eventually had to roll his eyes and usher him to follow.

Dream followed after him and Tommy quickened his pace as soon as Dream reached him.

"Woah! Slow the hell down! I'm not as quick as I'm perceived to be-"
"We need to get to the snow or else Drista's death will not be the only one that's mourned."

At the mention of his newly deceased sibling, Dream went quiet and felt his chest hurt a bit at Tommy's words.

"Dream, we are at death's door....both of us are knocking but death will only let one in..."

"Tommy, you sound insane right now-"

"SHUT UP GODDAMNIT I KNOW I DO!!"

He snapped.

"It hurts y'know...knowing so many things...with all this knowledge, experience, and wisdom I have inside. I bet Phil knows too, Techno and Wil as well...it hurts being left in the dark too and it hurts being let into the light because you have to hide the shadows from the sun...I met Drista...but I made the same mistake as you and left her behind...I repeated that error for Tubbo and Ranboo and left them as well...I never learned anything because for the third time in my fucking life...I left." Tommy ranted, enlightening Dream on his entire headspace.

"I never fucking learned a goddamn thing from my past...I kept leaving and look what it's brought...my entire life has been a lie, I was insignificant yet I hurt them...I ran away everytime because I realized that I could barely fix it. I....ruined everything, my interference, my departure, my arrivals....It caused this whole mess."

The snow flurry fell onto Dream's nose and he suddenly felt the shiver of his winter memories freeze him in place.

He had been so caught up in Tommy's ramble that it caused the terrain around them to change and immediately be brought to the snow.

"You've heard me ramble XD...now come out."

Confusion etched itself on Dream's face but before he could ask anything, he felt contact reach his cheek and fell onto his back into the snow.

"Tommy! What the hell?-"

"Don't put on that act...I knew you finally took control the moment I mentioned Drista's name to Dream. You let the mask shatter XD."

..........

Green smoke settled causing a blurry haze of a sick poison apple hue around Tommy's vision.

The scent of burnt corn was strangely pleasant nonetheless but Tommy wasn't gonna let it decide his next moves as he brushed away the few snowflakes that befell his eyelashes.

When he was able to push the smoke away and have a clear vision, he made direct eye contact with XD who was positioned deceitfully in front of him.

"Nothing gets past a Phoenix's spacial awareness...all things except the Everlasting Ember." He maliciously grinned.

"My, my, such a sour silence you've decided to respond with...and after all that talking.."
He laughed. Tommy kept quiet.

"Hm? Still no words? Bratty phrases? Even a cuss or two?"

You can read minds, can you not? Works on all things except the dead and other celestials....

What the hell....

Please XD...You didn't truly think I would die that easily? Did you?

This...this can't be...

Yet here I am...remember I rained hellfire all because of a simple sneeze, surely you can remember how badly that rattled you up...

The Phoenix...

Let's have a fair match this time...God vs God's Creation.

"There is simply no way for this to be true..." XD breathed, Tommy grinning.

"I am The Phoenix, XD."

The squabble of crows sounded and began to swarm around the snow as they crowded around into a clump of feathers.

The snowflakes began to stop slowly and the crows dispersed among themselves again as a veiled figure stared XD in the eyes.

Her moonlit eyes pierced fiercely into the cowardice of the God before her and she looked at her songbird beside her.

She smiled fondly but returned to death glare as she let Tommy continue to speak.

"and my life was entrusted to Death..."

—————————

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Remember, drink plenty of water, eat three meals a day, and get a goodnights sleep, unless you wanna stay up ;)