I Have a Favor To Ask..

Niki walked around the gallery, her thoughts on more than just treasure.

She couldn't help but think of her last time seeing Tommy. He had run away abruptly quickly and had left her feeling guilty.

She searched through a leather sack she had and pulled out the little brown sack he had given her out of excitement.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when she heard a familiar voice calling her over. She looked up and saw a girl with dark magenta-like hair walking over to her.

The girl was grinning hard and was wearing a black dress with slim sleeves hanging loose when her arms were hanging outwards.

"Niki! Niki! Over here!" She called. Niki hurried toward her friend, placing the pouch back into her own.

"Hello Minx! How are you?" She asked.
"I'm doing good Niki, what about you?"

"Well I'm doing......ok I guess"

Minx could see the worry written on Nikis face and took her hands in her own.

"Niki, what's wrong? You're usually excited about the Showcase,"

"I'm just a little worried is all..." Niki replied. "Worried about what? Thieves? Please those guys won't be able to even touch these gemstones!"

Minx firmly said. Niki shook her head.

The mention of thieves just made her even more anxious about Tommy. He said he was coming here but Niki couldn't see him.

"Do you remember the story of that boy that I told you? The one where he didn't have enough money?" Niki asked.

Minx nodded.

"Well, you see he shortly ran off after the mention of his parents. I feel like I hit a sensitive spot that made him remember something he didn't want to think of. I just feel so bad.." She confessed.

Minx just nodded again. Her face had a look of sorrow on it as she gave Niki a tiny squeeze.

"Niki...." She paused, trying to find the right words to express the situation Niki had just given her.

The tension between them was thick and filled the silence between the two. Suddenly, they heard a shrill scream. "THIEF!!!"

They both tensed up at the word and rushed toward the direction of the scream.

When Niki and Minx pushed through the crowd to get a glimpse, Niki saw the face that she had regretted reminding of his past.

There stood Tommy, a scared expression engraved on his face.

He was holding a sack and Niki saw the broken glass.

Don't tell me....he didn't......

she couldn't believe her eyes.
Tommy had tried to steal from the Royal Family.

She cupped her hand over her mouth as tears pricked at the corner of her eyes. Tommy abruptly ran as Niki and Minx whipped their heads around to spot soldiers heading off in Tommy's direction.

Niki tried stopping them, begging them to spare him but they just pushed him out of way screaming,

"KILL HIM!!"

Niki felt her heart sink at the words. Minx helped her up and muttered "asshole" under her breath.

Niki felt herself quiver, and began sobbing.

"MINX! THERE GOING TO KILL TOMMY! THAT'S TOMMY AND THERE GOING TO KILL HIM!!!!!!"

Minx's eyes widened.