Impossible Turnout

"Tommy."

"Dream."

The air tensed as they both peered at the other with uncertainty.

"Are you sure you want to go through with this?"

Dream had been pondering, strategizing, and organizing the thoughts in his head.

No matter how many arrows he shot, he couldn't hit the bullseye on his thought process about the current situation.

The likeliness of the plan succeeding was slim and he wasn't sure if that chance should be bothered with.

Looking at Tommy however, he felt the radiating embers from him and couldn't help but let a sly smile fall on his face.

"You only get possessed and have a chance to break free once,"
He joked, earning a grin from Tommy.

"Alright then, whoosh me back, let's finish this." Dream let the terrain below Tommy's feet crack and soon a geyser of white fluffy snow bounced out and blinded his field of vision.

His hands were numb from the gelid frostbite around him yet his fingers refused to fall off.

He shuddered from the sudden change in temperature and fell back down onto his knees before he felt the haunting voice creep back into his head.

The Phoenix must be discarded....

There placed forcefully in his hand was a torch that burned like a bonfire controlled yet dangerous.

His outfit consisted of Dream's signature green hoodie and knee guards as well as elbow guards.

His other hand held a horrific sight that made him want to vomit.
Bloody flesh was stuck on a dagger of ice.

Its reflective color made him almost mistake it for diamond until his nerves registered the frostbite creeping into his veins.

As his gaze rose to the creature in front of him, voices outside of his own had sounded.

"Dream...we...w-we killed it..."
The bandana guard he had spotted on that horrible day was the speaker.

"What do we do n-now?"
The man continued to stutter, receiving eyes that whipped at him fast.

"No witnesses, exterminate the hatchling."
He ordered as Tommy's eyes went wide.

In a basket laid the offspring bearing shimmering golden feathers.
It looked nothing like Tommy with his blonde hair, human limbs, and featherless arms.

It was him, he was that little baby bird, wailing as his guardian was killed right in front of him.

"Dream...it's just a hatchling..." A man with cloud goggles sounded next to him.

"Precisely which is why it's in our favor to take it down-"

"Think about it for a moment, if such a 'beast' as you name it, is capable of wiping out the entire human race, what if we could control it? Tame it to wipe out threats for us and allow us to take command of humanity..."

Now for that man to be more clever and ambitious than Dream at that current moment absolutely terrified Tommy.

It made him truly start to contemplate who Dream was at this moment, if in reality he was having someone doing the thinking for him. No, that was an impossibility.

XD was pulling the strings, he would never let some mere mortal command him.

And he was right.

He watched as his own life was taken from him.Tommy watched as XD killed him without another moment of hesitation. 

To Tommy, this was evidence.
Concrete proof.

He was meant to be dead.

"Tommy."

Dream pulled him back out of the mindscape and let him fall to his knees.

"I-i was supposed to be dead..."
Tommy breathed.

"Tommy-"
"I was right this entire time. I was supposed to cease to exist..."
"Tomm-"
"My path was never meant to cross paths with Drista..."
"Tom-"
"Wilbur or Techno..."
"To-"
"Phil..."
"T-"
"Tubbo and Ranboo"

"It was Tommy! Fate is like that for a reason," Dream tried arguing.

"NO! it was never supposed to happen that way, I'm supposed to eat alone, live alone, starve alone, cry alone, DIE alone!!
I WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO EVEN LIVE!"

"Tommy. You are alive now. You are in the present. It was supposed to happen this way..." Dream reassured him.
"Somehow, you made it out alive and were spared."

"I never asked to live though. I never wanted to be here. I've just wanted to die.
I can't hang on any longer, Dream..."

"KILL ME!"

"TOMMY!"

Wilbur screamed for the 80th time in the last 10 minutes.

The strawberry blonde still remained unconscious on the floor and breathed labored breaths.
He hadn't woken up and was showing no signs of even awakening from the state he was in.

No one could move him either, they would be burned at the touch immediately.

One of Phil's feathers had paid the price, they couldn't afford for anyone else to further injure themselves.

Techno was currently being treated by Phil and was suffering a heavy amount of blood loss.
His pulse was slowing down by the minute and no one could do anything to help.

Multiple figures had gathered at the mountain top as the mobs below had suddenly scattered away realizing that their master was no longer in control.

Niki was by Techno's other side as she did her best to help.

He had been thrown off a mountain, climbed back to the top, and was stabbed all in such haste.

It astounded her and Minx, who was positioned behind her.

The armies, as well as Tubbo and Ranboo, were at the bottom of the volcano, still unaware of the horrifying scenes above them.

Tubbo and Ranboo were silently comforting each other, knowing that something with Tommy wasn't right.

They were preparing themselves for the worst because they had been sensing it this entire time.

They had felt it this whole time.

Tommy was dying.

And he wasn't going to be able to bounce back from it.

—————————————-

Okay we are making progress!

If you haven't checked my Announcements page yet, I am holding a vote for what other DSMP fanfic I should post immediately after this one as well as my Travlyn fic.

Please send me feedback and go vote!

Remember, drink plenty of water, eat three meals a day, and get a goodnights sleep, unless you wanna stay up ;)