The Shops Angel

As Tommy was wandering the streets of the village, he heard chatter pass among the villagers, something about jewels and gems.

He passed by many women deciding on what to wear and kids telling each other what might be displayed.

Of course had no idea what they meant, but the conversations sparked his interest. A couple of times throughout the day he would eavesdrop on a couple of conversations.

"I really do hope that this showcase will be a splendid one! Last year it was a little boring, I want something fresh and new!"
One lady was telling her friend.
"I wonder if their going to display the Amulet of the Phoenix or the Quartz from the nether. Either way I don't really know if gold is going to entertain us for the rest of our lives!"
She and her friend snorted and laughed.

Tommy moved on to a different duo, this time finding a pair of a brother and sister. 

"What do you think we're going to have to wear?
I don't want dad stuffing me into another poofy dress"

"don't you have to look nice though? It is hosted by the Royal Family themselves!"

"If they think I'm going to their palace with puffy sleeves, their damn wrong!"

"I'm telling mom you swore!"

Tommy chuckled a bit at the children's bickering. For hours he would continue to listen and find out more about this event.

He wanted to know if it would pay some good money, especially since he and many other people needed it.

As he continued listening, he was able to find out this: a Showcase hosted by the Royals was an annual event that would display some of the Kingdoms greatest treasures. Since they were so great, they were valuable items to steal.

He felt his fingers twitch at the sound of the names.

Amulet of the Phoenix,
Quartz, Vipers Emerald,
Yeti's Jewel, and so many more.

He knew he just needed to grab them.
He needed a plan however, after all he was going up against basically the whole entire kingdom.

He couldn't just waltz in and grab the jewels, that's a dumbass's plan.
He needed to be able to go in undetected and come back out.

However he needed some valuable info.
Luckily he already got some.

He needed something fancy to wear as it was a momentous occasion for the villagers.

He didn't have any nice clothes though.
He also didn't want to draw attention to himself by stealing something out of a shop.
He had a plan though.

The old man's pouch... he thought.
He could use it to simply buy one, so he simply bolted back to his little ruins.

He made his way up to the rooftop and began sifting his way through the clay pots and jars surrounding him.

He eventually found a brown, leather bag hidden below some apples he stole the other day.
He sat on the floor as he did his best to try and count the peculiar shiny little disks in his hands.
He knew they were called coins or something like that but he could never find out.

He never got a normal education like normal kids. He has to figure stuff out all on his own.
He knew how to read and write a little bit, but that was really all he could do.
The "letters" they called It looked weird to him. It was like an alien code if he was being honest.
There were a million names he hadn't learned yet. He also didn't understand a majority of what people said.

Synonyms and antonyms never rang a bell in his head. He didn't even know what they meant!

Math was the hardest. Numbers always seemed to not comply with his brain and were just completely foreign.
The weird symbols and terms they used made zero sense. It was incredibly hard for him to know what it all meant.