Sacrifice.

"Right here, right now, We End this..." Tommy declared.

He fired the first shot, literally.

His first shot was a ball of fire.

The snow melted under the rays of its glorious flames as XD tactically tucked and rolled away. Death chased after him and sent the crows used to summon her after him.

The caws of the birds and their sharp beaks distracted XD long enough for Tommy to channel some of his fire power into a condensed flame blast.

"GET ROASTED BITCH!" he yelled and unleashed it upon the disbanding murder of crows.

The crows were left unscathed and XD felt his body burn in agony.

"You want to fight? Fine...I'll fight."

"TECHNO! COME ON! STAY WITH ME!" Wilbur knelt beside his brother, fearing the worst as Techno continued to cough up blood tremendously.

A vital organ had been pierced when XD stabbed him and his condition was getting worse.

They were miles from the kingdom and there were barely any doctors.
They were slowly losing him to the gods up above.

Death was beginning to slowly embrace him and Wilbur was terrified.

He didn't know what to do.
He was so scared that he felt his hands tremble as Techno's blood continued to paint them red.

"T-tech..p-please..." He stuttered, his words beginning to fail him as tears pricked at the corner of his eyeballs.

His eyes were left in a horrified expression, wide opened, hyperventilating breaths, and trembling body.

He felt his own heartbeat tremor as another part of his family began to fall before him, again.

He was losing that which he held close to his heart.

Technoblade, his brother who had been with him since he could remember.
And Tommy, the loud-mouth who helped them heal while he was still suffering.

"Wil...i'm here y'know..." Phil, with his son dying in his arms, looked at Wilbur with a stern face.
"You're not gonna be alone...I'll be here..." Phil reassured, almost as if he could read Wilbur's mind.

"There's nothing I can do...Their gonna die..."

And Wilbur Soot sobbed.

Crashing into the hard, rocky ground, Tommy skidded against the floor for the 15th time in the last 5 minutes.

It was all moving so fast and he could barely hold his own.

Especially in the mind of XD, the place that was under his jurisdiction at all times.

Two minds, wits, and power collided creating infinite energy that flowed throughout their bodies at all times.

Death opened her eyes and found herself back in Tommy's body, the garden of weeds slowly withering away.

She was getting her son back, but not the way she wanted.

He had found her true husband, one not created by illusions and she wanted him to stay together with her other sons.

They were all broken pieces but together they could put each other back together again.

They weren't a humpty dumpty, they could be helped.
She had sacrificed her life for the Phoenix to live.

She sacrificed her family and her health. She remember that day she died.
It was the day she was appointed the role of death.

Since then, with each rose that withered, she collected their wilted petals, planting them in the soil known as Death.