The Woman in the Painting

Death sat there, anger seething, her eyebrows furrowed at XD.

"What deal have you made this time?" She asked.

"Just possessing a body, destroying people, manipulation, you know how it is.." he simply replied.

"You tried to kill my son."
"No, they did, I had no say in how they murder him,"
"YOU NEGOTIATED WITH THEM TO POISON HIS MIND!! YOU BASTARD!!"

XD just laughed, snickering at Death's outburst.

"What a feeble attempt, you know, your adorable when your furious," he reached his hand out to cup her cheek but she swatted it away.

"I'm Taken, thank you." She hissed with venom beneath her tone.

"You sure about that? He's probably moved on by now..." His mask emitted a green glow.

Death slapped him.

"Nice try you teletubby....I know your tricks just like you know mine,"

she said as she turned her back and began walking away.

"Death, guess what?"

"What?"

"Your son will soon join you."

Death clenched his jaw and faced forward, taking a deep breath as bats swarmed around her body and she vanished from within the void of the mind.

Philza stood with Purpled as he addressed the commander, Drista also beside him.

"Sir, are you sure it safe to put a kid in that forest? Who knows what we could find.." Drista intervened.

"Before you overthink every single possible outcome that can happen I'll let you know I spent most of my life there and know it better than anyone. You want to avoid animal attacks, poison ivy? Or getting lost? Then you and the squadron stick by me. I'm not just a kid." Philza nodded.

"You will need her as your guide, she's know that terrain like the back of her hand," he said.
The Commander sighed but agreed.

"Purpled, you'll be joining us.." he ordered.
"Really?! I-I mean Yes sir," he saluted.

The Commander nodded and bowed towards the King. He then saluted to Drista and was dismissed.

Purpled was silently celebrating in the back, pumping his fist in the air.

"YES" he whispered shouted and saw Drista's peering eyes.

"Uh, I should probably get going," he nervously smiled and made his way out the door. Drista just giggled.

"Guess he's excited," she said.
Philza chuckled and nodded.

Wilbur, Puffy, and Sam were in charge of training the guards. Puffy marched around the grounds, helping the soldiers operate correctly.

She would yell out suggestions every once in a while and would give her suggestions to those who were struggling and lagging behind a bit.

"FOCUS ON YOUR OPPONENT"
"Make sure you keep your feet moving, don't stand hunched like a rock, okay?"

"GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT, GO FOR YOUR ENEMY HARD"
"You want a slightly lose grip if you want you to twist and twirl your blade. Make your moves swift, okay?" "FIND YOUR RHYTHM"

Wilbur covered his ear everytime she yelled.
"How are your ears not bleeding?" He asked, addressing Sam.

"I work with her in the bakery, she basically keeps the peace there, I've grown used to it," he replied as he grabbed a nearby sword.