The World of Wilbur Soot Pt. 2

When Techno had finally caught up with Wilbur, he just avoided it and refused to officially answer. Wilbur himself just wanted to keep it to himself. He reasoned with himself that it just wasn't the best time to alert Techno of the situation. It was another day after that and another bet.

This time, they were stealing coins from those musicians you see on the street, playing as they entrance the crowd and earn tips throughout the day.

It was a good idea to pick off from their load since they were practically defenseless, not wanting to destroy or even scratch their precious monstrosities of noise they called "instruments". However, that's what a common thief of greed would think.

A dumbfounded yet easily inspired brunette like Wilbur enjoyed musicians because the instruments were able to put his mind at ease. They sang a symphony that could be modified and always felt unfinish to him. It let him form and have his own ending to the song.

There were always few passersby that would flip a coin and let it drop into the case they made for themselves to hold there instruments in. he and Techno had split up though and he always visited this one particular musician so he had the chance to relax in bliss for a while, just sitting there as the melody swung and clicked with the bulbs in his head.

The musician was a guitarist, and right now he was playing quite a slow song, softly strumming his strings as he hummed along. Wilbur loved it. He was at peace with his mind for now. However, it suddenly stopped. Wilbur looked at the guy and how he scratched his head, squinting his eyes at the work sheet.

"Sorry but that's all I got guys, the next few pages are unreadable!" The guy suddenly shouted, making Wilbur frown. It annoyed him how much it felt interrupted and stopped right in the middle, right when it was getting good. Murmurs spread throughout the crowd and he watched painfully as he saw the man begin to curl up a bit, as if he was trying to shield himself from the roar of whispers in the crowd.

Wilbur thought.

He couldn't stand the crowds attention on the man either. Despite not being the one stared at, the he felt the embarrassment overwhelm him. He looked around one more time before giving a long deep sigh.

"God I hope Techno doesn't see this..." He muttered and stood up on a nearby ledge.

Watching the top of everyone's head facing the man he took another deep breath. He began to light hum, his tone quiet, barely audible to the crowd.

He felt so scared about what he was gonna do and he knew that the eyes would stare at him. He was starting to regret his decision.

He raised his pitch, catching the ears of the people around him but not the entire crowd. And then he gave a yelp of noise, a call for attention from all. Everyone's head turned towards him and he felt his hand go sweaty.

As he looked into all the pair of eyes on him, he looked at the musician and back at the crowd, the people curiously standing there waiting to hear what he would said. He took another deep breath and opened his mouth.

Not to speak though.

He decided to sing.

He sang slow, building up his melody, just like the original song the man was trying to perform.

"I've always been walking...alone~ Seen too many bright starry streets....watched as the dust and rug was swept! From under my~ own two feet...."

Swept was emphasized and the sentence that contained it was sped up a bit more but it was subtle.

Wilbur fiddled with his clothes a bit, hands at his side, head looking straight ahead, eyes wide. He was terrified of the stares but he just wanted to keep going.